Construction underway on new Coast hotel
D’IBERVILLE — Early stages of construction are underway in D’Iberville on one of the latest Home2 Suites by Hilton. This will be the entry of the recently launched brand into the Mississippi market.
The property was the ninth Home2 Suites to break ground since Hilton Worldwide first introduced the brand concept in early 2009, and is slated for completion in June 2012.
Home2 Suites, a mid-tier, all-suite hotel, already has three properties open in Fayetteville, N.C., Layton, Utah and Baltimore, Md. The brand has seven hotels under active construction, with 40 in the development stage and plans for more than 50 additional properties in the works.
Developed by Thomas Builders Inc., and owned by Thomas Properties Mississippi, LLC, the D’Iberville Home2 Suites is located on Promenade Parkway.
The D’Iberville Home2 Suites will be a five-story, 100-room all-suite hotel. Highlights will include an integrated guest laundry and fitness room, a saline pool, a patio and grill, outdoor seating areas, an exercise trail and an indoor community space.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015