Construction underway on new Coast hotel
D’IBERVILLE — Early stages of construction are underway in D’Iberville on one of the latest Home2 Suites by Hilton. This will be the entry of the recently launched brand into the Mississippi market.
The property was the ninth Home2 Suites to break ground since Hilton Worldwide first introduced the brand concept in early 2009, and is slated for completion in June 2012.
Home2 Suites, a mid-tier, all-suite hotel, already has three properties open in Fayetteville, N.C., Layton, Utah and Baltimore, Md. The brand has seven hotels under active construction, with 40 in the development stage and plans for more than 50 additional properties in the works.
Developed by Thomas Builders Inc., and owned by Thomas Properties Mississippi, LLC, the D’Iberville Home2 Suites is located on Promenade Parkway.
The D’Iberville Home2 Suites will be a five-story, 100-room all-suite hotel. Highlights will include an integrated guest laundry and fitness room, a saline pool, a patio and grill, outdoor seating areas, an exercise trail and an indoor community space.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics