Construction underway on new Coast hotel
D’IBERVILLE — Early stages of construction are underway in D’Iberville on one of the latest Home2 Suites by Hilton. This will be the entry of the recently launched brand into the Mississippi market.
The property was the ninth Home2 Suites to break ground since Hilton Worldwide first introduced the brand concept in early 2009, and is slated for completion in June 2012.
Home2 Suites, a mid-tier, all-suite hotel, already has three properties open in Fayetteville, N.C., Layton, Utah and Baltimore, Md. The brand has seven hotels under active construction, with 40 in the development stage and plans for more than 50 additional properties in the works.
Developed by Thomas Builders Inc., and owned by Thomas Properties Mississippi, LLC, the D’Iberville Home2 Suites is located on Promenade Parkway.
The D’Iberville Home2 Suites will be a five-story, 100-room all-suite hotel. Highlights will include an integrated guest laundry and fitness room, a saline pool, a patio and grill, outdoor seating areas, an exercise trail and an indoor community space.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal