Construction underway on new Coast hotel
D’IBERVILLE — Early stages of construction are underway in D’Iberville on one of the latest Home2 Suites by Hilton. This will be the entry of the recently launched brand into the Mississippi market.
The property was the ninth Home2 Suites to break ground since Hilton Worldwide first introduced the brand concept in early 2009, and is slated for completion in June 2012.
Home2 Suites, a mid-tier, all-suite hotel, already has three properties open in Fayetteville, N.C., Layton, Utah and Baltimore, Md. The brand has seven hotels under active construction, with 40 in the development stage and plans for more than 50 additional properties in the works.
Developed by Thomas Builders Inc., and owned by Thomas Properties Mississippi, LLC, the D’Iberville Home2 Suites is located on Promenade Parkway.
The D’Iberville Home2 Suites will be a five-story, 100-room all-suite hotel. Highlights will include an integrated guest laundry and fitness room, a saline pool, a patio and grill, outdoor seating areas, an exercise trail and an indoor community space.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues