Delta town meets important IRS filing deadline
METCALFE — The Town of Metcalfe has met a deadline for the release of financial records to the Internal Revenue Service.
Mayor Corey Holmes told the Delta Democrat Times that the information was taken to the Greenville Federal Court House last week and turned over to the local IRS office ahead of a July 31 deadline.
Not meeting the July 31 deadline would have resulted in a levy on income and seizure of assets, the newspaper reported.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody