Delta town meets important IRS filing deadline
METCALFE — The Town of Metcalfe has met a deadline for the release of financial records to the Internal Revenue Service.
Mayor Corey Holmes told the Delta Democrat Times that the information was taken to the Greenville Federal Court House last week and turned over to the local IRS office ahead of a July 31 deadline.
Not meeting the July 31 deadline would have resulted in a levy on income and seizure of assets, the newspaper reported.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar