Delta town meets important IRS filing deadline
METCALFE — The Town of Metcalfe has met a deadline for the release of financial records to the Internal Revenue Service.
Mayor Corey Holmes told the Delta Democrat Times that the information was taken to the Greenville Federal Court House last week and turned over to the local IRS office ahead of a July 31 deadline.
Not meeting the July 31 deadline would have resulted in a levy on income and seizure of assets, the newspaper reported.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss