Delta town meets important IRS filing deadline
METCALFE — The Town of Metcalfe has met a deadline for the release of financial records to the Internal Revenue Service.
Mayor Corey Holmes told the Delta Democrat Times that the information was taken to the Greenville Federal Court House last week and turned over to the local IRS office ahead of a July 31 deadline.
Not meeting the July 31 deadline would have resulted in a levy on income and seizure of assets, the newspaper reported.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal