Delta town meets important IRS filing deadline
METCALFE — The Town of Metcalfe has met a deadline for the release of financial records to the Internal Revenue Service.
Mayor Corey Holmes told the Delta Democrat Times that the information was taken to the Greenville Federal Court House last week and turned over to the local IRS office ahead of a July 31 deadline.
Not meeting the July 31 deadline would have resulted in a levy on income and seizure of assets, the newspaper reported.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case