Merchants & Marine Bank enters Alabama
Published: August 4,2011
PASCAGOULA — A Southeast Mississippi bank is moving into Alabama.
Merchants & Marine Bank of Pascagoula has bought Heritage First Bank branches in Gulf Shores and Crossville from Heritage First Bancshares Inc. of Rome, Ga.
The Mississippi Press reports that Wednesday’s sale does not include assets in Georgia. Merchants & Marine says it plans to keep all active employees at both Alabama locations.
Neither bank disclosed details about the purchase, which must be approved by state and federal regulators.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement