Merchants & Marine Bank enters Alabama
Published: August 4,2011
PASCAGOULA — A Southeast Mississippi bank is moving into Alabama.
Merchants & Marine Bank of Pascagoula has bought Heritage First Bank branches in Gulf Shores and Crossville from Heritage First Bancshares Inc. of Rome, Ga.
The Mississippi Press reports that Wednesday’s sale does not include assets in Georgia. Merchants & Marine says it plans to keep all active employees at both Alabama locations.
Neither bank disclosed details about the purchase, which must be approved by state and federal regulators.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators