Merchants & Marine Bank enters Alabama
Published: August 4,2011
PASCAGOULA — A Southeast Mississippi bank is moving into Alabama.
Merchants & Marine Bank of Pascagoula has bought Heritage First Bank branches in Gulf Shores and Crossville from Heritage First Bancshares Inc. of Rome, Ga.
The Mississippi Press reports that Wednesday’s sale does not include assets in Georgia. Merchants & Marine says it plans to keep all active employees at both Alabama locations.
Neither bank disclosed details about the purchase, which must be approved by state and federal regulators.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief