Merchants & Marine Bank enters Alabama
Published: August 4,2011
PASCAGOULA — A Southeast Mississippi bank is moving into Alabama.
Merchants & Marine Bank of Pascagoula has bought Heritage First Bank branches in Gulf Shores and Crossville from Heritage First Bancshares Inc. of Rome, Ga.
The Mississippi Press reports that Wednesday’s sale does not include assets in Georgia. Merchants & Marine says it plans to keep all active employees at both Alabama locations.
Neither bank disclosed details about the purchase, which must be approved by state and federal regulators.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House