Merchants & Marine Bank enters Alabama
Published: August 4,2011
PASCAGOULA — A Southeast Mississippi bank is moving into Alabama.
Merchants & Marine Bank of Pascagoula has bought Heritage First Bank branches in Gulf Shores and Crossville from Heritage First Bancshares Inc. of Rome, Ga.
The Mississippi Press reports that Wednesday’s sale does not include assets in Georgia. Merchants & Marine says it plans to keep all active employees at both Alabama locations.
Neither bank disclosed details about the purchase, which must be approved by state and federal regulators.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force