Neel-Shaffer teams with JSU for internships
JACKSON — Jackson State University has collaborated with Neel-Shaffer Engineering Firm to offer internships for students pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees in business, planning, engineering, communications and environmental science.
JSU president Carolyn W. Meyers said, “Part of my administration’s goal has been to engage our local businesses to take advantage of the human resources based at the university so that together we can advance the educational and economic conditions of this state.”
The relationship allows juniors or seniors to spend up to 12 weeks over the course of a summer or 14 weeks during a semester to gain real-world experience in their chosen fields of study. Students can apply for the internships beginning this fall.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal