Neel-Shaffer teams with JSU for internships
JACKSON — Jackson State University has collaborated with Neel-Shaffer Engineering Firm to offer internships for students pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees in business, planning, engineering, communications and environmental science.
JSU president Carolyn W. Meyers said, “Part of my administration’s goal has been to engage our local businesses to take advantage of the human resources based at the university so that together we can advance the educational and economic conditions of this state.”
The relationship allows juniors or seniors to spend up to 12 weeks over the course of a summer or 14 weeks during a semester to gain real-world experience in their chosen fields of study. Students can apply for the internships beginning this fall.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building