Neel-Shaffer teams with JSU for internships
JACKSON — Jackson State University has collaborated with Neel-Shaffer Engineering Firm to offer internships for students pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees in business, planning, engineering, communications and environmental science.
JSU president Carolyn W. Meyers said, “Part of my administration’s goal has been to engage our local businesses to take advantage of the human resources based at the university so that together we can advance the educational and economic conditions of this state.”
The relationship allows juniors or seniors to spend up to 12 weeks over the course of a summer or 14 weeks during a semester to gain real-world experience in their chosen fields of study. Students can apply for the internships beginning this fall.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years