Neel-Shaffer teams with JSU for internships
JACKSON — Jackson State University has collaborated with Neel-Shaffer Engineering Firm to offer internships for students pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees in business, planning, engineering, communications and environmental science.
JSU president Carolyn W. Meyers said, “Part of my administration’s goal has been to engage our local businesses to take advantage of the human resources based at the university so that together we can advance the educational and economic conditions of this state.”
The relationship allows juniors or seniors to spend up to 12 weeks over the course of a summer or 14 weeks during a semester to gain real-world experience in their chosen fields of study. Students can apply for the internships beginning this fall.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments