Neel-Shaffer teams with JSU for internships
JACKSON — Jackson State University has collaborated with Neel-Shaffer Engineering Firm to offer internships for students pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees in business, planning, engineering, communications and environmental science.
JSU president Carolyn W. Meyers said, “Part of my administration’s goal has been to engage our local businesses to take advantage of the human resources based at the university so that together we can advance the educational and economic conditions of this state.”
The relationship allows juniors or seniors to spend up to 12 weeks over the course of a summer or 14 weeks during a semester to gain real-world experience in their chosen fields of study. Students can apply for the internships beginning this fall.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- News The Way You Want It!
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom