Alcorn researchers published
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 7,2011
Alcorn State University scientists published a research article about reducing the risk of heart disease without the use of prescription medicine in the May 2011 issue of the International Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, according to Dr. Alton Johnson, interim director of research, School of Agriculture, Research, Extension and Applied Sciences.
The three scientists who co-authored the research are Dr. Michael Ezekwe, a nutritionist and director for the Swine Development Center, and Edith Ezekwe, instructor and registered dietitian, Department of Human Sciences, both from Alcorn State University; and Dr. Samuel Besong, animal and human nutritionist and chair for the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, Delaware State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo