Alcorn researchers published
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 7,2011
Alcorn State University scientists published a research article about reducing the risk of heart disease without the use of prescription medicine in the May 2011 issue of the International Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, according to Dr. Alton Johnson, interim director of research, School of Agriculture, Research, Extension and Applied Sciences.
The three scientists who co-authored the research are Dr. Michael Ezekwe, a nutritionist and director for the Swine Development Center, and Edith Ezekwe, instructor and registered dietitian, Department of Human Sciences, both from Alcorn State University; and Dr. Samuel Besong, animal and human nutritionist and chair for the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, Delaware State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones