Alcorn researchers published
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 7,2011
Alcorn State University scientists published a research article about reducing the risk of heart disease without the use of prescription medicine in the May 2011 issue of the International Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, according to Dr. Alton Johnson, interim director of research, School of Agriculture, Research, Extension and Applied Sciences.
The three scientists who co-authored the research are Dr. Michael Ezekwe, a nutritionist and director for the Swine Development Center, and Edith Ezekwe, instructor and registered dietitian, Department of Human Sciences, both from Alcorn State University; and Dr. Samuel Besong, animal and human nutritionist and chair for the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, Delaware State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House