Alcorn researchers published
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 7,2011
Alcorn State University scientists published a research article about reducing the risk of heart disease without the use of prescription medicine in the May 2011 issue of the International Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, according to Dr. Alton Johnson, interim director of research, School of Agriculture, Research, Extension and Applied Sciences.
The three scientists who co-authored the research are Dr. Michael Ezekwe, a nutritionist and director for the Swine Development Center, and Edith Ezekwe, instructor and registered dietitian, Department of Human Sciences, both from Alcorn State University; and Dr. Samuel Besong, animal and human nutritionist and chair for the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, Delaware State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery