Committee chairmen chosen
The Delta Council has named its committee chairmen for 2011-2012. They are: Advisory Research Committee, Bubba Simmons, Arcola; Aquaculture Committee, Lester Myers, Indianola; Arrangements Committee, Irene Long, Indianola; Development Department, Tom Gresham, Indianola; Education and Health Policy Committee and Executive Committee, Cass Pennington, Indianola; Farm Policy Committee, Dan Branton, Leland; Flood Control Committee, Bob Eley, Cleveland; Forestry & Wildlife Resource Committee, Mike Mikell, Port Gibson; Ginning Committee, James Killebrew, Tchula; Highway & Transportation Infrastructure Committee, Bill Kennedy, Inverness; Rice & Small Grains Committee, Travis Satterfield, Benoit; Soil & Water Resources Committee, George King, Chatham; and, Soybean, Wheat & Feed Grains Committee, Jerry Slocum, Coldwater.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force