Committee chairmen chosen
The Delta Council has named its committee chairmen for 2011-2012. They are: Advisory Research Committee, Bubba Simmons, Arcola; Aquaculture Committee, Lester Myers, Indianola; Arrangements Committee, Irene Long, Indianola; Development Department, Tom Gresham, Indianola; Education and Health Policy Committee and Executive Committee, Cass Pennington, Indianola; Farm Policy Committee, Dan Branton, Leland; Flood Control Committee, Bob Eley, Cleveland; Forestry & Wildlife Resource Committee, Mike Mikell, Port Gibson; Ginning Committee, James Killebrew, Tchula; Highway & Transportation Infrastructure Committee, Bill Kennedy, Inverness; Rice & Small Grains Committee, Travis Satterfield, Benoit; Soil & Water Resources Committee, George King, Chatham; and, Soybean, Wheat & Feed Grains Committee, Jerry Slocum, Coldwater.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar