ITS taps Orgeron
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 7,2011
The Mississippi Department of Information Technology Services (ITS) board has appointed Dr. Craig Orgeron as the ITS executive director and chief information officer for the State of Mississippi.
Orgeron has over 22 years of information technology experience in both the private sector and the federal and state level of the public sector. He joined ITS in 1997 and is a Certified Public Manager.
He attained a bachelor of business administration in 1989, a master of public policy and administration in 2001 and a doctor of philosophy in public policy and administration in 2008 from Mississippi State University. Orgeron has also attended the Stennis Executive Development Institute at Mississippi State University and Leadership and Strategic Management for Chief Information Officers at Harvard University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19