ITS taps Orgeron
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 7,2011
The Mississippi Department of Information Technology Services (ITS) board has appointed Dr. Craig Orgeron as the ITS executive director and chief information officer for the State of Mississippi.
Orgeron has over 22 years of information technology experience in both the private sector and the federal and state level of the public sector. He joined ITS in 1997 and is a Certified Public Manager.
He attained a bachelor of business administration in 1989, a master of public policy and administration in 2001 and a doctor of philosophy in public policy and administration in 2008 from Mississippi State University. Orgeron has also attended the Stennis Executive Development Institute at Mississippi State University and Leadership and Strategic Management for Chief Information Officers at Harvard University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software