ITS taps Orgeron
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 7,2011
The Mississippi Department of Information Technology Services (ITS) board has appointed Dr. Craig Orgeron as the ITS executive director and chief information officer for the State of Mississippi.
Orgeron has over 22 years of information technology experience in both the private sector and the federal and state level of the public sector. He joined ITS in 1997 and is a Certified Public Manager.
He attained a bachelor of business administration in 1989, a master of public policy and administration in 2001 and a doctor of philosophy in public policy and administration in 2008 from Mississippi State University. Orgeron has also attended the Stennis Executive Development Institute at Mississippi State University and Leadership and Strategic Management for Chief Information Officers at Harvard University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access