Many parents are unhappy with their choices, or lack thereof, of where they can send their children to school in Mississippi
Mississippi public school students are beginning their 2011-2012 academic years, and some parents are unhappy with their children’s schools and wishing they had another place to go.
Cynthia Jackson, the mother of a rising fifth-grader in the Canton School District, wishes she could afford to live within the Madison County School District, where the schools are better.
“I have to pass (Madison public schools) every day to go to work. It’s kind of heart-breaking to look over there. It’s been bringing tears to my eyes that this is where my child needs to be, and I can’t do anything about it,” Jackson said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders