Pioneering summit to explore creative economy
by Wally Northway
Published: August 7,2011
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) and Mississippi Arts Commission are offering the state’s first Creative Economy Summit this week that will include the unveiling of a first-of-its-kind comprehensive study of Mississippi’s creative industries.
Communities such as Oxford, Meridian and the Mississippi Gulf Coast have found success in growing their “creative economy” — adding jobs and enhancing communities’ quality of life by supporting and growing businesses that incorporate creativity and innovation. Now, the state is aiming to quantify Mississippi’s creative economy and assess its potential for growth.
The Creative Economy Summit will be held Wednesday…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy