Pioneering summit to explore creative economy
Published: August 7,2011
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) and Mississippi Arts Commission are offering the state’s first Creative Economy Summit this week that will include the unveiling of a first-of-its-kind comprehensive study of Mississippi’s creative industries.
Communities such as Oxford, Meridian and the Mississippi Gulf Coast have found success in growing their “creative economy” — adding jobs and enhancing communities’ quality of life by supporting and growing businesses that incorporate creativity and innovation. Now, the state is aiming to quantify Mississippi’s creative economy and assess its potential for growth.
The Creative Economy Summit will be held Wednesday…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015