Therapists earn honors
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 7,2011
Kimberly Schramm, A.T.C., D.P.T., C.L.T., and Tanya Powell, P.T.A., B.S., of Petal Physical Therapy, a service of Hattiesburg Clinic, recently received national recognition by the American Physical Therapy Association as the 2011 Outstanding Physical Therapist/Physical Therapist Assistant Team Award. Schramm, who holds a bachelor of science in athletic training from the University of Southern Mississippi, a master of science in physical therapy from Texas Woman’s University in Houston and a doctoral degree in physical therapy from the University of Mississippi in Jackson, is the manager of Petal Physical Therapy.
Powell, who received a physical therapist assistant degree from Pearl River Community College (PRCC) in Hattiesburg and a bachelor of science in kinesiotherapy from the University of Southern Mississippi, works with Schramm as a physical therapist assistant.
The team was nominated by Karrina Lee, an instructor in PRCC’s Physical Therapist Assistant Program, for their commitment to delivering high-quality physical therapy services to patients, coupled with their ability to work cohesively as a team and dedication to continuing their knowledge and skill set in their field.
Schramm and Powell were the only recipients of this esteemed award, which distinguishes one physical therapist and physical therapist assistant team from across all over the country each year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image