Therapists earn honors
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 7,2011
Kimberly Schramm, A.T.C., D.P.T., C.L.T., and Tanya Powell, P.T.A., B.S., of Petal Physical Therapy, a service of Hattiesburg Clinic, recently received national recognition by the American Physical Therapy Association as the 2011 Outstanding Physical Therapist/Physical Therapist Assistant Team Award. Schramm, who holds a bachelor of science in athletic training from the University of Southern Mississippi, a master of science in physical therapy from Texas Woman’s University in Houston and a doctoral degree in physical therapy from the University of Mississippi in Jackson, is the manager of Petal Physical Therapy.
Powell, who received a physical therapist assistant degree from Pearl River Community College (PRCC) in Hattiesburg and a bachelor of science in kinesiotherapy from the University of Southern Mississippi, works with Schramm as a physical therapist assistant.
The team was nominated by Karrina Lee, an instructor in PRCC’s Physical Therapist Assistant Program, for their commitment to delivering high-quality physical therapy services to patients, coupled with their ability to work cohesively as a team and dedication to continuing their knowledge and skill set in their field.
Schramm and Powell were the only recipients of this esteemed award, which distinguishes one physical therapist and physical therapist assistant team from across all over the country each year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi