Cruise line bringing larger ship to Big Easy
NEW ORLEANS — Norwegian Cruise Line is replacing its New Orleans-based ship with a larger one.
CityBusiness of New Orleans said the company will send the Spirit to the Mediterranean on April 15 to spend the summer in Europe. It has a capacity of 2,018 passengers.
Coming to New Orleans on Nov. 4, 2012, will be the Norweigian Star, with a capacity of 2,348 passengers. The Star leaves each Sunday for a seven-day cruise to Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico; Belize City, Belize; and Rotan, Honduras.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location