Entergy sees record demand during scorching heat
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2011
JACKSON — As customers struggle to stay cool during the massive heat wave currently smothering the South, Entergy Corporation utilities are working around the clock to meet a surging demand for power.
Entergy utilities’ 2.7 million customers in Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi and Texas set record levels of electrical demand last week, according to preliminary estimates, as air conditioners and fans work overtime.
Record high temperatures in parts of Entergy’s territory also have customers looking for ways to avoid higher-than-normal bills.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015