Entergy sees record demand during scorching heat
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2011
JACKSON — As customers struggle to stay cool during the massive heat wave currently smothering the South, Entergy Corporation utilities are working around the clock to meet a surging demand for power.
Entergy utilities’ 2.7 million customers in Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi and Texas set record levels of electrical demand last week, according to preliminary estimates, as air conditioners and fans work overtime.
Record high temperatures in parts of Entergy’s territory also have customers looking for ways to avoid higher-than-normal bills.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life