Entergy sees record demand during scorching heat
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2011
JACKSON — As customers struggle to stay cool during the massive heat wave currently smothering the South, Entergy Corporation utilities are working around the clock to meet a surging demand for power.
Entergy utilities’ 2.7 million customers in Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi and Texas set record levels of electrical demand last week, according to preliminary estimates, as air conditioners and fans work overtime.
Record high temperatures in parts of Entergy’s territory also have customers looking for ways to avoid higher-than-normal bills.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium