Entergy sees record demand during scorching heat
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2011
JACKSON — As customers struggle to stay cool during the massive heat wave currently smothering the South, Entergy Corporation utilities are working around the clock to meet a surging demand for power.
Entergy utilities’ 2.7 million customers in Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi and Texas set record levels of electrical demand last week, according to preliminary estimates, as air conditioners and fans work overtime.
Record high temperatures in parts of Entergy’s territory also have customers looking for ways to avoid higher-than-normal bills.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'