Entergy sees record demand during scorching heat
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2011
JACKSON — As customers struggle to stay cool during the massive heat wave currently smothering the South, Entergy Corporation utilities are working around the clock to meet a surging demand for power.
Entergy utilities’ 2.7 million customers in Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi and Texas set record levels of electrical demand last week, according to preliminary estimates, as air conditioners and fans work overtime.
Record high temperatures in parts of Entergy’s territory also have customers looking for ways to avoid higher-than-normal bills.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)