AT&T unveils expansion plans in Mississippi
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — AT&T continues its ongoing investment in Mississippi with local wireless network enhancements, including expanded backhaul to enable 4G speeds, increased mobile broadband capacity and new and upgraded cell sites.
The improvements plans are part of AT&T’s plan to invest in the $20-billion range in its wireless and wireline networks in 2011.
From January through July, AT&T has completed the following network improvements in Mississippi: mobile broadband launched at 112 existing cell sites across 40 counties; added 32 new cell sites in 23 counties; and, added network capacity at 15 sites.
For the remainder of the year, AT&T plans to: deploy enhanced backhaul connections to enable 4G speeds and add capacity to support more mobile traffic, like adding traffic lanes to a highway; install additional new cell sites to improve network coverage; and, add spectrum carriers or an extra layer of channels to support more traffic.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “AT&T unveils expansion plans in Mississippi”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years