AT&T unveils expansion plans in Mississippi
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — AT&T continues its ongoing investment in Mississippi with local wireless network enhancements, including expanded backhaul to enable 4G speeds, increased mobile broadband capacity and new and upgraded cell sites.
The improvements plans are part of AT&T’s plan to invest in the $20-billion range in its wireless and wireline networks in 2011.
From January through July, AT&T has completed the following network improvements in Mississippi: mobile broadband launched at 112 existing cell sites across 40 counties; added 32 new cell sites in 23 counties; and, added network capacity at 15 sites.
For the remainder of the year, AT&T plans to: deploy enhanced backhaul connections to enable 4G speeds and add capacity to support more mobile traffic, like adding traffic lanes to a highway; install additional new cell sites to improve network coverage; and, add spectrum carriers or an extra layer of channels to support more traffic.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “AT&T unveils expansion plans in Mississippi”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015