AT&T unveils expansion plans in Mississippi
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — AT&T continues its ongoing investment in Mississippi with local wireless network enhancements, including expanded backhaul to enable 4G speeds, increased mobile broadband capacity and new and upgraded cell sites.
The improvements plans are part of AT&T’s plan to invest in the $20-billion range in its wireless and wireline networks in 2011.
From January through July, AT&T has completed the following network improvements in Mississippi: mobile broadband launched at 112 existing cell sites across 40 counties; added 32 new cell sites in 23 counties; and, added network capacity at 15 sites.
For the remainder of the year, AT&T plans to: deploy enhanced backhaul connections to enable 4G speeds and add capacity to support more mobile traffic, like adding traffic lanes to a highway; install additional new cell sites to improve network coverage; and, add spectrum carriers or an extra layer of channels to support more traffic.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “AT&T unveils expansion plans in Mississippi”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!