USDA assistance available to flood victims
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 10,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Several Mississippi counties that reported agricultural losses will be eligible for federal assistance in the aftermath of the Mississippi River flood.
“I appreciate the work by USDA to provide assistance to our farmers, who were impacted by the Mississippi River flood,” Gov. Haley Barbour said.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture reviewed damage assessments from counties in the flooded area. Farmers in the following areas will be able to access emergency loans and other assistance programs through their local USDA Farm Service Agency office.
The USDA issued a natural disaster declaration for Adams, Claiborne, Desoto, Humphries, Jefferson, Quitman, Warren, Wilkinson and Yazoo counties.
The USDA issued a contiguous disaster declaration for Amite, Attala, Coahoma, Copiah, Franklin, Hinds, Holmes, Leflore, Lincoln, Madison, Marshall, Panola, Sharkey, Sunflower, Tallahatchie, Tate, Tunica and Washington counties.
Counties eligible for Farm Service Agency loan assistance include Coahoma, Holmes, Panola, Sharkey, Tallahatchie, Tate, Tunica and Washington counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option