After three-year absence, American Queen returning
The Vicksburg Post reports that the American Queen will return to the city when its new owner, the Great American Steamboat Company, resumes Mississippi River cruises in April.
Bill Seratt, executive director of the Vicksburg Convention and Visitors Bureau, said tourism officials are eager to get the riverboat back.
Jeffrey Krida, Great American’s chief executive officer, said some of the trips will make Vicksburg an overnight destination.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act