After three-year absence, American Queen returning
The Vicksburg Post reports that the American Queen will return to the city when its new owner, the Great American Steamboat Company, resumes Mississippi River cruises in April.
Bill Seratt, executive director of the Vicksburg Convention and Visitors Bureau, said tourism officials are eager to get the riverboat back.
Jeffrey Krida, Great American’s chief executive officer, said some of the trips will make Vicksburg an overnight destination.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love