After three-year absence, American Queen returning
The Vicksburg Post reports that the American Queen will return to the city when its new owner, the Great American Steamboat Company, resumes Mississippi River cruises in April.
Bill Seratt, executive director of the Vicksburg Convention and Visitors Bureau, said tourism officials are eager to get the riverboat back.
Jeffrey Krida, Great American’s chief executive officer, said some of the trips will make Vicksburg an overnight destination.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects