After three-year absence, American Queen returning
The Vicksburg Post reports that the American Queen will return to the city when its new owner, the Great American Steamboat Company, resumes Mississippi River cruises in April.
Bill Seratt, executive director of the Vicksburg Convention and Visitors Bureau, said tourism officials are eager to get the riverboat back.
Jeffrey Krida, Great American’s chief executive officer, said some of the trips will make Vicksburg an overnight destination.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist