After three-year absence, American Queen returning
The Vicksburg Post reports that the American Queen will return to the city when its new owner, the Great American Steamboat Company, resumes Mississippi River cruises in April.
Bill Seratt, executive director of the Vicksburg Convention and Visitors Bureau, said tourism officials are eager to get the riverboat back.
Jeffrey Krida, Great American’s chief executive officer, said some of the trips will make Vicksburg an overnight destination.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing