Housing director’s trial to get underway next month
Published: August 11,2011
Tags: Bolivar, capitalism, courts, economic development, Greenville, homes, houses, housing, Humphreys, investigation, Issaquena, Joshua Howat Berger, Leland, misappropriations, Mississippi Delta, politics Tags: AJ Jefferson, Racism, real estate, Sharkey, Social Issues, South Delta Regional Housing Authority, Stupidity, Sunflower, witness tampering
GREENVILLE — A Sept. 26 trial date has been set for the director of the South Delta Regional Housing Authority and a contractor in a federal criminal case, according to The Delta Democrat-Times.
Ann Jefferson, who is on administrative leave as the authority’s executive director, and Jimmy Johnson, a contractor who worked with the housing authority, are scheduled for trial before U.S. Senior Judge Glen H. Davidson in Oxford.
However, Johnson and Jefferson have the right to ask for a delay.
Jefferson had been scheduled for trial at the end of August on three counts of intimidating witnesses in a federal investigation. Earlier this month, she was charged with five new counts, including embezzling federal money. Johnson also was charged with embezzlement, among other charges.
Both have pleaded not guilty.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Housing director’s trial to get underway next month”
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending