Housing director’s trial to get underway next month
Published: August 11,2011
Tags: Bolivar, capitalism, courts, economic development, Greenville, homes, houses, housing, Humphreys, investigation, Issaquena, Joshua Howat Berger, Leland, misappropriations, Mississippi Delta, politics Tags: AJ Jefferson, Racism, real estate, Sharkey, Social Issues, South Delta Regional Housing Authority, Stupidity, Sunflower, witness tampering
GREENVILLE — A Sept. 26 trial date has been set for the director of the South Delta Regional Housing Authority and a contractor in a federal criminal case, according to The Delta Democrat-Times.
Ann Jefferson, who is on administrative leave as the authority’s executive director, and Jimmy Johnson, a contractor who worked with the housing authority, are scheduled for trial before U.S. Senior Judge Glen H. Davidson in Oxford.
However, Johnson and Jefferson have the right to ask for a delay.
Jefferson had been scheduled for trial at the end of August on three counts of intimidating witnesses in a federal investigation. Earlier this month, she was charged with five new counts, including embezzling federal money. Johnson also was charged with embezzlement, among other charges.
Both have pleaded not guilty.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Housing director’s trial to get underway next month”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study