Solar panel plant to hold grand opening in September
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 11,2011
HATTIESBURG — Stion, a manufacturer of high-efficiency thin-film solar panels, is gearing up for the official opening of its manufacturing facility in Hattiesburg.
The grand opening is slated for Sept. 16. Featured speakers will be Chet Ferris, CEO of Stion, Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny L. Dupree, Ph.D., Dr. Martha D. Saunders, president of the University of Southern Mississippi.
The new plant includes a 100-megawatt line of solar panels. With the plant opening, Stion expects to create 200 direct jobs in Hattiesburg in 2011 and 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus