Solar panel plant to hold grand opening in September
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 11,2011
HATTIESBURG — Stion, a manufacturer of high-efficiency thin-film solar panels, is gearing up for the official opening of its manufacturing facility in Hattiesburg.
The grand opening is slated for Sept. 16. Featured speakers will be Chet Ferris, CEO of Stion, Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny L. Dupree, Ph.D., Dr. Martha D. Saunders, president of the University of Southern Mississippi.
The new plant includes a 100-megawatt line of solar panels. With the plant opening, Stion expects to create 200 direct jobs in Hattiesburg in 2011 and 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November