Solar panel plant to hold grand opening in September
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 11,2011
HATTIESBURG — Stion, a manufacturer of high-efficiency thin-film solar panels, is gearing up for the official opening of its manufacturing facility in Hattiesburg.
The grand opening is slated for Sept. 16. Featured speakers will be Chet Ferris, CEO of Stion, Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny L. Dupree, Ph.D., Dr. Martha D. Saunders, president of the University of Southern Mississippi.
The new plant includes a 100-megawatt line of solar panels. With the plant opening, Stion expects to create 200 direct jobs in Hattiesburg in 2011 and 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015