Solar panel plant to hold grand opening in September
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 11,2011
HATTIESBURG — Stion, a manufacturer of high-efficiency thin-film solar panels, is gearing up for the official opening of its manufacturing facility in Hattiesburg.
The grand opening is slated for Sept. 16. Featured speakers will be Chet Ferris, CEO of Stion, Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny L. Dupree, Ph.D., Dr. Martha D. Saunders, president of the University of Southern Mississippi.
The new plant includes a 100-megawatt line of solar panels. With the plant opening, Stion expects to create 200 direct jobs in Hattiesburg in 2011 and 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy