Solar panel plant to hold grand opening in September
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 11,2011
HATTIESBURG — Stion, a manufacturer of high-efficiency thin-film solar panels, is gearing up for the official opening of its manufacturing facility in Hattiesburg.
The grand opening is slated for Sept. 16. Featured speakers will be Chet Ferris, CEO of Stion, Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny L. Dupree, Ph.D., Dr. Martha D. Saunders, president of the University of Southern Mississippi.
The new plant includes a 100-megawatt line of solar panels. With the plant opening, Stion expects to create 200 direct jobs in Hattiesburg in 2011 and 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant