State’s foreclosure actions up and down
Published: August 11,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Home foreclosure actions in Mississippi rose in July from the previous month, but were down from a year ago, according to a national foreclosure tracking firm.
Irvine, Calif.-based RealtyTrac said 359 housing unit were targeted for some sort of foreclosure action last month — and all of those homeowners were at the end of the line. Lenders took back 199 properties while the owners of 160 received notice of a foreclosure sale.
Mississippi ranked 44th in the country in foreclosure actions, with one in every 3,571 housing units targeted. The count was up 16.6 percent from June, but down 13.5 percent from July 2010.
Nationally, foreclosure actions hit a 44-month low and posted their 10th consecutive monthly decline. U.S. foreclosures dropped 4 percent from June and 35 percent from July 2010. The June actions hit one in every 611 U.S. housing units.
Nevada, California and Arizona posted the top state foreclosure rates last month, followed by Georgia, Utah, Florida, Michigan, Idaho, Illinois and Wisconsin, RealtyTrac said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option