State’s foreclosure actions up and down
Published: August 11,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Home foreclosure actions in Mississippi rose in July from the previous month, but were down from a year ago, according to a national foreclosure tracking firm.
Irvine, Calif.-based RealtyTrac said 359 housing unit were targeted for some sort of foreclosure action last month — and all of those homeowners were at the end of the line. Lenders took back 199 properties while the owners of 160 received notice of a foreclosure sale.
Mississippi ranked 44th in the country in foreclosure actions, with one in every 3,571 housing units targeted. The count was up 16.6 percent from June, but down 13.5 percent from July 2010.
Nationally, foreclosure actions hit a 44-month low and posted their 10th consecutive monthly decline. U.S. foreclosures dropped 4 percent from June and 35 percent from July 2010. The June actions hit one in every 611 U.S. housing units.
Nevada, California and Arizona posted the top state foreclosure rates last month, followed by Georgia, Utah, Florida, Michigan, Idaho, Illinois and Wisconsin, RealtyTrac said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau