New Blues Trail app for iPhones now available
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 12,2011
JACKSON — The Mississippi Blues Trail mobile app is now available for download from the iTunes store. The free app, currently available only for iPhones, has a variety of features to allow users to navigate the trail and create customized itineraries to explore Mississippi’s musical heritage.
“Blues enthusiasts will be able to map their travels along the trail and easily buy music from these Mississippi artists,” Gov. Haley Barbour said. “The mobile app is an innovative way for visitors to tour and experience the Mississippi Blues Trail.”
Funding for the development of the Mississippi Blues Trail app project was provided by a grant from the Mississippi Department of Transportation, the Federal Highway Administration and the Mississippi Development Authority’s Tourism Division. Greenwood-based Hammons and Associates acts as project manager for the Mississippi Blues Trail and partnered with Starkville-based Concept House in developing the new app.
“I think the really exciting part of the new Blues Trail app is the appeal it will have for younger generations. It’s a remarkable way to combine music, geography and the astonishing history of the impact of Mississippi’s blues musicians on world music. It’s a winner, and it sets a high bar as a new cultural heritage tourism asset,” said Bill McPherson, chairman of the Mississippi Blues Commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics