New Blues Trail app for iPhones now available
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 12,2011
JACKSON — The Mississippi Blues Trail mobile app is now available for download from the iTunes store. The free app, currently available only for iPhones, has a variety of features to allow users to navigate the trail and create customized itineraries to explore Mississippi’s musical heritage.
“Blues enthusiasts will be able to map their travels along the trail and easily buy music from these Mississippi artists,” Gov. Haley Barbour said. “The mobile app is an innovative way for visitors to tour and experience the Mississippi Blues Trail.”
Funding for the development of the Mississippi Blues Trail app project was provided by a grant from the Mississippi Department of Transportation, the Federal Highway Administration and the Mississippi Development Authority’s Tourism Division. Greenwood-based Hammons and Associates acts as project manager for the Mississippi Blues Trail and partnered with Starkville-based Concept House in developing the new app.
“I think the really exciting part of the new Blues Trail app is the appeal it will have for younger generations. It’s a remarkable way to combine music, geography and the astonishing history of the impact of Mississippi’s blues musicians on world music. It’s a winner, and it sets a high bar as a new cultural heritage tourism asset,” said Bill McPherson, chairman of the Mississippi Blues Commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme