New Blues Trail app for iPhones now available
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 12,2011
JACKSON — The Mississippi Blues Trail mobile app is now available for download from the iTunes store. The free app, currently available only for iPhones, has a variety of features to allow users to navigate the trail and create customized itineraries to explore Mississippi’s musical heritage.
“Blues enthusiasts will be able to map their travels along the trail and easily buy music from these Mississippi artists,” Gov. Haley Barbour said. “The mobile app is an innovative way for visitors to tour and experience the Mississippi Blues Trail.”
Funding for the development of the Mississippi Blues Trail app project was provided by a grant from the Mississippi Department of Transportation, the Federal Highway Administration and the Mississippi Development Authority’s Tourism Division. Greenwood-based Hammons and Associates acts as project manager for the Mississippi Blues Trail and partnered with Starkville-based Concept House in developing the new app.
“I think the really exciting part of the new Blues Trail app is the appeal it will have for younger generations. It’s a remarkable way to combine music, geography and the astonishing history of the impact of Mississippi’s blues musicians on world music. It’s a winner, and it sets a high bar as a new cultural heritage tourism asset,” said Bill McPherson, chairman of the Mississippi Blues Commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Texas company fined for taking water from a Mississippi river