Brown tapped as new dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 14,2011
Steven F. Brown, a Kansas university administrator with an extensive background in arts and music education, is the new dean and associate vice president of Mississippi State University’s Meridian campus. Since 2007, Brown has been dean of liberal arts and sciences at Emporia State University.
His MSU appointment is pending formal approval of the Board of Trustees, State Institutions of Higher Learning.
Prior to ESU, Brown served for eight years as professor and chair of the music department, as well as associate dean of the College of Liberal Arts, at the University of Mississippi. He earlier held teaching and administrative positions at Northwest Missouri State and East Central (Okla.) universities and at the University of Northern Iowa.
Brown is a 1986 doctoral graduate of North Texas State University. He received bachelor’s and master’s degrees in music education from Arkansas State University in 1974 and 1977, respectively.
Brown officially begins his new duties Oct. 1. He succeeds Jack E. Tucci, who left earlier this year for a college administration position in Alabama.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency