Brown tapped as new dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 14,2011
Steven F. Brown, a Kansas university administrator with an extensive background in arts and music education, is the new dean and associate vice president of Mississippi State University’s Meridian campus. Since 2007, Brown has been dean of liberal arts and sciences at Emporia State University.
His MSU appointment is pending formal approval of the Board of Trustees, State Institutions of Higher Learning.
Prior to ESU, Brown served for eight years as professor and chair of the music department, as well as associate dean of the College of Liberal Arts, at the University of Mississippi. He earlier held teaching and administrative positions at Northwest Missouri State and East Central (Okla.) universities and at the University of Northern Iowa.
Brown is a 1986 doctoral graduate of North Texas State University. He received bachelor’s and master’s degrees in music education from Arkansas State University in 1974 and 1977, respectively.
Brown officially begins his new duties Oct. 1. He succeeds Jack E. Tucci, who left earlier this year for a college administration position in Alabama.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month