Brown visits White House
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 14,2011
Alcorn State University president M. Christopher Brown II was among a select group of individuals recently invited to attend White House Community Leaders Briefing Series, a day-long session of meetings with the White House Office of Public Engagement (OPE). He also met with the United States Department of Education to explore opportunities for strengthened community engagement with the academy.
Since taking office in January, Brown has been heavily engaged in expanding Alcorn’s community outreach and services.
Additionally, Brown has been named to the advisory council for the American Commonwealth Project (ACP). The group will officially convene in September 2011 and begin discussions on how college campuses across the nation can improve community civic health. Their work will conclude with a national conference in 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year