Brown visits White House
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 14,2011
Alcorn State University president M. Christopher Brown II was among a select group of individuals recently invited to attend White House Community Leaders Briefing Series, a day-long session of meetings with the White House Office of Public Engagement (OPE). He also met with the United States Department of Education to explore opportunities for strengthened community engagement with the academy.
Since taking office in January, Brown has been heavily engaged in expanding Alcorn’s community outreach and services.
Additionally, Brown has been named to the advisory council for the American Commonwealth Project (ACP). The group will officially convene in September 2011 and begin discussions on how college campuses across the nation can improve community civic health. Their work will conclude with a national conference in 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record
- Owner of former hospital given deadline