Brown visits White House
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 14,2011
Alcorn State University president M. Christopher Brown II was among a select group of individuals recently invited to attend White House Community Leaders Briefing Series, a day-long session of meetings with the White House Office of Public Engagement (OPE). He also met with the United States Department of Education to explore opportunities for strengthened community engagement with the academy.
Since taking office in January, Brown has been heavily engaged in expanding Alcorn’s community outreach and services.
Additionally, Brown has been named to the advisory council for the American Commonwealth Project (ACP). The group will officially convene in September 2011 and begin discussions on how college campuses across the nation can improve community civic health. Their work will conclude with a national conference in 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center