Brown visits White House
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 14,2011
Alcorn State University president M. Christopher Brown II was among a select group of individuals recently invited to attend White House Community Leaders Briefing Series, a day-long session of meetings with the White House Office of Public Engagement (OPE). He also met with the United States Department of Education to explore opportunities for strengthened community engagement with the academy.
Since taking office in January, Brown has been heavily engaged in expanding Alcorn’s community outreach and services.
Additionally, Brown has been named to the advisory council for the American Commonwealth Project (ACP). The group will officially convene in September 2011 and begin discussions on how college campuses across the nation can improve community civic health. Their work will conclude with a national conference in 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal