Brown visits White House
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 14,2011
Alcorn State University president M. Christopher Brown II was among a select group of individuals recently invited to attend White House Community Leaders Briefing Series, a day-long session of meetings with the White House Office of Public Engagement (OPE). He also met with the United States Department of Education to explore opportunities for strengthened community engagement with the academy.
Since taking office in January, Brown has been heavily engaged in expanding Alcorn’s community outreach and services.
Additionally, Brown has been named to the advisory council for the American Commonwealth Project (ACP). The group will officially convene in September 2011 and begin discussions on how college campuses across the nation can improve community civic health. Their work will conclude with a national conference in 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Short supplies, high demand boost cattle producer profits
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today