CCEDD chooses Chambliss
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 14,2011
The board of trustees of the Claiborne County Economic Development District (CCEDD) has selected Milton J. Chambliss as executive director of the CCEDD. He will begin work in August. Chambliss, a certified economic developer, is a graduate of both the Kentucky Institute of Economic Development and the University of Oklahoma Economic Development Institute. He holds an MBA from Millsaps College and a bachelor of science in finance from Jackson State University.
Previously, Chambliss was owner of Chambliss Insurance and Financial Services. He has also served as commercial operations manager for the University of Mississippi’s Enterprise for Innovative Geospatial Solutions, where he recruited Mississippi’s first remote sensing industry cluster, and was a senior project manager in national development for the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA), where he developed its Washington Marketing Program and developed strategies for recruiting advanced technology companies to Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training