CCEDD chooses Chambliss
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 14,2011
The board of trustees of the Claiborne County Economic Development District (CCEDD) has selected Milton J. Chambliss as executive director of the CCEDD. He will begin work in August. Chambliss, a certified economic developer, is a graduate of both the Kentucky Institute of Economic Development and the University of Oklahoma Economic Development Institute. He holds an MBA from Millsaps College and a bachelor of science in finance from Jackson State University.
Previously, Chambliss was owner of Chambliss Insurance and Financial Services. He has also served as commercial operations manager for the University of Mississippi’s Enterprise for Innovative Geospatial Solutions, where he recruited Mississippi’s first remote sensing industry cluster, and was a senior project manager in national development for the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA), where he developed its Washington Marketing Program and developed strategies for recruiting advanced technology companies to Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications