CCEDD chooses Chambliss
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 14,2011
The board of trustees of the Claiborne County Economic Development District (CCEDD) has selected Milton J. Chambliss as executive director of the CCEDD. He will begin work in August. Chambliss, a certified economic developer, is a graduate of both the Kentucky Institute of Economic Development and the University of Oklahoma Economic Development Institute. He holds an MBA from Millsaps College and a bachelor of science in finance from Jackson State University.
Previously, Chambliss was owner of Chambliss Insurance and Financial Services. He has also served as commercial operations manager for the University of Mississippi’s Enterprise for Innovative Geospatial Solutions, where he recruited Mississippi’s first remote sensing industry cluster, and was a senior project manager in national development for the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA), where he developed its Washington Marketing Program and developed strategies for recruiting advanced technology companies to Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast