CCEDD chooses Chambliss
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 14,2011
The board of trustees of the Claiborne County Economic Development District (CCEDD) has selected Milton J. Chambliss as executive director of the CCEDD. He will begin work in August. Chambliss, a certified economic developer, is a graduate of both the Kentucky Institute of Economic Development and the University of Oklahoma Economic Development Institute. He holds an MBA from Millsaps College and a bachelor of science in finance from Jackson State University.
Previously, Chambliss was owner of Chambliss Insurance and Financial Services. He has also served as commercial operations manager for the University of Mississippi’s Enterprise for Innovative Geospatial Solutions, where he recruited Mississippi’s first remote sensing industry cluster, and was a senior project manager in national development for the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA), where he developed its Washington Marketing Program and developed strategies for recruiting advanced technology companies to Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62