CCEDD chooses Chambliss
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 14,2011
The board of trustees of the Claiborne County Economic Development District (CCEDD) has selected Milton J. Chambliss as executive director of the CCEDD. He will begin work in August. Chambliss, a certified economic developer, is a graduate of both the Kentucky Institute of Economic Development and the University of Oklahoma Economic Development Institute. He holds an MBA from Millsaps College and a bachelor of science in finance from Jackson State University.
Previously, Chambliss was owner of Chambliss Insurance and Financial Services. He has also served as commercial operations manager for the University of Mississippi’s Enterprise for Innovative Geospatial Solutions, where he recruited Mississippi’s first remote sensing industry cluster, and was a senior project manager in national development for the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA), where he developed its Washington Marketing Program and developed strategies for recruiting advanced technology companies to Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center