Creating a new economy
by Wally Northway
Published: August 14,2011
Empty seats were at a premium Aug. 10 at the Jackson Convention Complex as hundreds gathered for the state’s first-ever Creative Economy Summit.
Attendees came to learn more about the creative economy, what it is, where it is and how communities can grow it, adding jobs and enhancing their quality of life.
The event, the brain child of Mississippi Arts Commission executive director Malcolm White, conducted in cooperation with the Mississippi Development Authority, also unveiled a pioneering study on the state’s creative economy. The 125-page study, which found Mississippi has approximately …
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability