Creating a new economy
Published: August 14,2011
Empty seats were at a premium Aug. 10 at the Jackson Convention Complex as hundreds gathered for the state’s first-ever Creative Economy Summit.
Attendees came to learn more about the creative economy, what it is, where it is and how communities can grow it, adding jobs and enhancing their quality of life.
The event, the brain child of Mississippi Arts Commission executive director Malcolm White, conducted in cooperation with the Mississippi Development Authority, also unveiled a pioneering study on the state’s creative economy. The 125-page study, which found Mississippi has approximately …
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO