Gregory moving to MCOA
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 14,2011
Larry Gregory, who currently serves as executive director of the Mississippi Gaming Commission, has entered into a letter of intent with the Mississippi Casino Operators Association Inc. (MCOA) for the position of executive director. The parties are working toward finalizing an employment contract.
Gregory recently announced his retirement from the Mississippi Gaming Commission, a position he has held since December 2001. Gregory is expected to begin his new position as executive director of the MCOA sometime during September.
Prior to his appointment as executive director of the Mississippi Gaming Commission, Gregory also held the positions of deputy executive director from 1998-2001 and chief of staff from 1996-1998. Before working for the Mississippi Gaming Commission, Gregory served in other state government capacities, serving as deputy director of the Mississippi State Personnel Board, secretary to the Mississippi Transportation Commission and staff member to the Mississippi Legislature.
A native of Jackson, Mississippi, he served four years in the United States Air Force.
He received a bachelors of science degree in political science from the University of Southern Mississippi and a masters in public policy and administration from Mississippi State University. He also received a certificate of paralegal studies from Mississippi College.
The International Masters of Gaming Law named Gregory 2005 Regulator of the Year.
Gregory and his wife, Mollie, live in Jackson with their daughter, Fran, and son, Gate.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody