Hood replaces Murphy
BancorpSouth Inc.’s board of directors has appointed current director Warren A. Hood Jr. to the Audit Committee. Hood replaced director R. Madison Murphy, who recently resigned from the board of directors and who serves on the Audit Committee.
Hood is the chairman of the board and CEO of Hood Companies Inc., which includes three separate corporations with 60 manufacturing and distribution sites throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. He was elected a director of BancorpSouth Inc. in April 2011, having served as a director of BancorpSouth Bank since 2007. Hood has been a director of Southern Company since 2007 and is a member of its Audit Committee. He served as a director of Mississippi Power Company from 2004 to 2007. Hood is a former director of First American Corporation and its subsidiary, First American National Bank, and previously served as a director of Deposit Guaranty Corporation from 1990 until its merger into First American Corporation in 1998.
Murphy’s resignation from the board of directors of BancorpSouth Inc. and BancorpSouth Bank was effective at the close of business Aug. 5. Murphy, the managing member of Murphy Family Management, LLC, headquartered in El Dorado, Ark., had served as a director since 2000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren