Hood replaces Murphy
BancorpSouth Inc.’s board of directors has appointed current director Warren A. Hood Jr. to the Audit Committee. Hood replaced director R. Madison Murphy, who recently resigned from the board of directors and who serves on the Audit Committee.
Hood is the chairman of the board and CEO of Hood Companies Inc., which includes three separate corporations with 60 manufacturing and distribution sites throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. He was elected a director of BancorpSouth Inc. in April 2011, having served as a director of BancorpSouth Bank since 2007. Hood has been a director of Southern Company since 2007 and is a member of its Audit Committee. He served as a director of Mississippi Power Company from 2004 to 2007. Hood is a former director of First American Corporation and its subsidiary, First American National Bank, and previously served as a director of Deposit Guaranty Corporation from 1990 until its merger into First American Corporation in 1998.
Murphy’s resignation from the board of directors of BancorpSouth Inc. and BancorpSouth Bank was effective at the close of business Aug. 5. Murphy, the managing member of Murphy Family Management, LLC, headquartered in El Dorado, Ark., had served as a director since 2000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015