Improving kids’ socio-emotional development
Published: August 14,2011
Mississippi Building Blocks, a private business-funded early childhood education initiative, is in its second year and showing positive results, particularly in the area of socio-emotional development.
MBB randomly selected 100 licensed child care centers from 15 counties across Mississippi to participate in the program that includes teacher mentoring and scholarships, classroom materials, parent education and business consulting. The selection process included all types of centers, not just those that serve low-income populations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Rep. Howell decides not to seek re-election to House
- LTE: With tax cuts, Gov. Bryant dismissive of least of us