Improving kids’ socio-emotional development
Published: August 14,2011
Mississippi Building Blocks, a private business-funded early childhood education initiative, is in its second year and showing positive results, particularly in the area of socio-emotional development.
MBB randomly selected 100 licensed child care centers from 15 counties across Mississippi to participate in the program that includes teacher mentoring and scholarships, classroom materials, parent education and business consulting. The selection process included all types of centers, not just those that serve low-income populations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful