Improving kids’ socio-emotional development
Published: August 14,2011
Mississippi Building Blocks, a private business-funded early childhood education initiative, is in its second year and showing positive results, particularly in the area of socio-emotional development.
MBB randomly selected 100 licensed child care centers from 15 counties across Mississippi to participate in the program that includes teacher mentoring and scholarships, classroom materials, parent education and business consulting. The selection process included all types of centers, not just those that serve low-income populations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015