Improving kids’ socio-emotional development
by Amy McCullough
Published: August 14,2011
Mississippi Building Blocks, a private business-funded early childhood education initiative, is in its second year and showing positive results, particularly in the area of socio-emotional development.
MBB randomly selected 100 licensed child care centers from 15 counties across Mississippi to participate in the program that includes teacher mentoring and scholarships, classroom materials, parent education and business consulting. The selection process included all types of centers, not just those that serve low-income populations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain