Pittman receives honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 14,2011
U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) Geotechnical and Structures Laboratory (GSL) director Dr. David Pittman was recently presented with the 2010 Meritorious Presidential Rank Award. Theaward, which represents recognition from President Barack Obama, is the second-highest honor bestowed upon career Senior Executive Service (SES) members.
Pittman’s ERDC career began in 1983, when he joined the Pavement Systems Division of what was then known as the Geotechnical Laboratory, as a research civil engineer. After leaving for three years to serve as an assistant professor in the Civil Engineering Department of Auburn University, he returned to ERDC in 1997 as chief of the Airfields and Pavements Division. He has served as GSL director since 2004.
Pittman, a registered professional engineer in the state of Mississippi, has both a bachelor’s and a master’s from Mississippi State University, and a doctorate from the University of Texas at Austin, all in civil engineering.
Previous awards for Pittman include the Bronze Order of the de Fleury Medal and the ERDC Award for Outstanding Achievement in Equal Opportunity Employment. He was also recently named the Federal Laboratory Director of the Year by the Federal Laboratory Consortium.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center