Samuels named best
Billy Samuels, resource manager at Vicksburg District’s Enid Lake, has been selected as the 2011 Federal Land Manager of the Year for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The award is given annually as part of the Department of the Interior “Take Pride in America” program, a nationwide partnership authorized by Congress to promote the appreciation and stewardship of our nation’s public lands.
Samuels is responsible for numerous volunteer programs that protect and enhance the natural, cultural and historic resources of Enid Lake. He has been recognized for establishing an award-winning annual volunteer clean-up program and community partnerships for the development of fish and wildlife habitats, in addition to obtaining $187,000 in grants that were used for the development of a multi-purpose trail and campground.
Samuels began his career with the Corps of Engineers, Vicksburg District, in 1981 at Enid Lake. A native of Water Valley, he earned his bachelor’s in parks and recreation management from the University of Mississippi.
Samuels and his wife, the former Pamela White, reside in Lafayette County. They have three children and two grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option