Major U.S. 61 improvement project underway
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 15,2011
BOLIVAR COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) reports that reconstruction of the five-laning/median removal project on U.S. 61 in Bolivar County is underway.
The project just north of the U.S. 61/Highway 446 intersection to Davis Street began today. This $5.4-million project is being performed by APAC, and is approximately 2.3 miles in length with a completion date of May 1, 2012.
The first phase of repair work to the outer lanes in this section will take place from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. so that local businesses will not be affected during business hours. All other asphalt production work may be performed during the daylight hours.
“We are looking forward to this new five-lane section making Highway 61 more efficient for traffic and businesses in the area,” Central District Transportation Commissioner Dick Hall said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation