Major U.S. 61 improvement project underway
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 15,2011
BOLIVAR COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) reports that reconstruction of the five-laning/median removal project on U.S. 61 in Bolivar County is underway.
The project just north of the U.S. 61/Highway 446 intersection to Davis Street began today. This $5.4-million project is being performed by APAC, and is approximately 2.3 miles in length with a completion date of May 1, 2012.
The first phase of repair work to the outer lanes in this section will take place from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. so that local businesses will not be affected during business hours. All other asphalt production work may be performed during the daylight hours.
“We are looking forward to this new five-lane section making Highway 61 more efficient for traffic and businesses in the area,” Central District Transportation Commissioner Dick Hall said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband