Major U.S. 61 improvement project underway
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 15,2011
BOLIVAR COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) reports that reconstruction of the five-laning/median removal project on U.S. 61 in Bolivar County is underway.
The project just north of the U.S. 61/Highway 446 intersection to Davis Street began today. This $5.4-million project is being performed by APAC, and is approximately 2.3 miles in length with a completion date of May 1, 2012.
The first phase of repair work to the outer lanes in this section will take place from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. so that local businesses will not be affected during business hours. All other asphalt production work may be performed during the daylight hours.
“We are looking forward to this new five-lane section making Highway 61 more efficient for traffic and businesses in the area,” Central District Transportation Commissioner Dick Hall said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey