Spokesperson: Grand Gulf upgrade will give boost
Published: August 15,2011
CLAIBORNE COUNTY — A spokesman for Entergy Nuclear says a pending upgrade for the Grand Gulf Nuclear station will be an economic boost for Claiborne County.
Dillon Allen told a Vicksburg civic club that the station normally employs about 350 people. But at its height, the upgrade will see 2,200 or more total workers there. The work is set for early next year.
The Vicksburg Post reports that Allen told the Vicksburg Rotary Club last week that electricians, welders, engineers and other professionals brought in for the upgrade will increase spending at hotels, restaurants and other business for about 2 1/2 months.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail