Spokesperson: Grand Gulf upgrade will give boost
Published: August 15,2011
CLAIBORNE COUNTY — A spokesman for Entergy Nuclear says a pending upgrade for the Grand Gulf Nuclear station will be an economic boost for Claiborne County.
Dillon Allen told a Vicksburg civic club that the station normally employs about 350 people. But at its height, the upgrade will see 2,200 or more total workers there. The work is set for early next year.
The Vicksburg Post reports that Allen told the Vicksburg Rotary Club last week that electricians, welders, engineers and other professionals brought in for the upgrade will increase spending at hotels, restaurants and other business for about 2 1/2 months.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image