TVA customers to see smaller power bills
Published: August 16,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — Tennessee Valley Authority residential customers will pay a lower fuel cost on September bills, with the decrease ranging from 50 cents to $1.50.
The Knoxville-based utility said in a statement yesterday that the lower monthly fuel cost is largely due to reduced demand.
TVA’s fuel cost raised average monthly bills in August for residential customers by up to $1, due mainly to higher expenses for coal and purchased power during June.
The utility in July added up to $6 to bills in response to the severe weather in late April.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015