TVA customers to see smaller power bills
Published: August 16,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — Tennessee Valley Authority residential customers will pay a lower fuel cost on September bills, with the decrease ranging from 50 cents to $1.50.
The Knoxville-based utility said in a statement yesterday that the lower monthly fuel cost is largely due to reduced demand.
TVA’s fuel cost raised average monthly bills in August for residential customers by up to $1, due mainly to higher expenses for coal and purchased power during June.
The utility in July added up to $6 to bills in response to the severe weather in late April.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that