TVA customers to see smaller power bills
by Associated Press
Published: August 16,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — Tennessee Valley Authority residential customers will pay a lower fuel cost on September bills, with the decrease ranging from 50 cents to $1.50.
The Knoxville-based utility said in a statement yesterday that the lower monthly fuel cost is largely due to reduced demand.
TVA’s fuel cost raised average monthly bills in August for residential customers by up to $1, due mainly to higher expenses for coal and purchased power during June.
The utility in July added up to $6 to bills in response to the severe weather in late April.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign