TVA customers to see smaller power bills
by Associated Press
Published: August 16,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — Tennessee Valley Authority residential customers will pay a lower fuel cost on September bills, with the decrease ranging from 50 cents to $1.50.
The Knoxville-based utility said in a statement yesterday that the lower monthly fuel cost is largely due to reduced demand.
TVA’s fuel cost raised average monthly bills in August for residential customers by up to $1, due mainly to higher expenses for coal and purchased power during June.
The utility in July added up to $6 to bills in response to the severe weather in late April.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Nullification and interposition