TVA customers to see smaller power bills
Published: August 16,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — Tennessee Valley Authority residential customers will pay a lower fuel cost on September bills, with the decrease ranging from 50 cents to $1.50.
The Knoxville-based utility said in a statement yesterday that the lower monthly fuel cost is largely due to reduced demand.
TVA’s fuel cost raised average monthly bills in August for residential customers by up to $1, due mainly to higher expenses for coal and purchased power during June.
The utility in July added up to $6 to bills in response to the severe weather in late April.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference