Coliseum Commission to see hotel proposal
Published: August 17,2011
BILOXI — Plans for a 500-room hotel at the Mississippi Coast Convention Center will be presented tomorrow to the Coliseum Commission.
Bill Holmes, executive director of the Coliseum and Convention Center, tells The Sun Herald conceptual designs will be shown and the brand name of the hotel may be revealed.
In July, Mortenson Development was selected from five firms to design/build a hotel adjacent to the Convention Center.
Holmes said the hotel would be built partially on the former Holiday Inn property that fronts U.S. 90 and partly on Convention Center land, with views of the beach and a plaza connecting the hotel to the Convention Center by a five-minute walk.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years