Coliseum Commission to see hotel proposal
Published: August 17,2011
BILOXI — Plans for a 500-room hotel at the Mississippi Coast Convention Center will be presented tomorrow to the Coliseum Commission.
Bill Holmes, executive director of the Coliseum and Convention Center, tells The Sun Herald conceptual designs will be shown and the brand name of the hotel may be revealed.
In July, Mortenson Development was selected from five firms to design/build a hotel adjacent to the Convention Center.
Holmes said the hotel would be built partially on the former Holiday Inn property that fronts U.S. 90 and partly on Convention Center land, with views of the beach and a plaza connecting the hotel to the Convention Center by a five-minute walk.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics