Coliseum Commission to see hotel proposal
Published: August 17,2011
BILOXI — Plans for a 500-room hotel at the Mississippi Coast Convention Center will be presented tomorrow to the Coliseum Commission.
Bill Holmes, executive director of the Coliseum and Convention Center, tells The Sun Herald conceptual designs will be shown and the brand name of the hotel may be revealed.
In July, Mortenson Development was selected from five firms to design/build a hotel adjacent to the Convention Center.
Holmes said the hotel would be built partially on the former Holiday Inn property that fronts U.S. 90 and partly on Convention Center land, with views of the beach and a plaza connecting the hotel to the Convention Center by a five-minute walk.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs