Coliseum Commission to see hotel proposal
Published: August 17,2011
BILOXI — Plans for a 500-room hotel at the Mississippi Coast Convention Center will be presented tomorrow to the Coliseum Commission.
Bill Holmes, executive director of the Coliseum and Convention Center, tells The Sun Herald conceptual designs will be shown and the brand name of the hotel may be revealed.
In July, Mortenson Development was selected from five firms to design/build a hotel adjacent to the Convention Center.
Holmes said the hotel would be built partially on the former Holiday Inn property that fronts U.S. 90 and partly on Convention Center land, with views of the beach and a plaza connecting the hotel to the Convention Center by a five-minute walk.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study