Coliseum Commission to see hotel proposal
Published: August 17,2011
BILOXI — Plans for a 500-room hotel at the Mississippi Coast Convention Center will be presented tomorrow to the Coliseum Commission.
Bill Holmes, executive director of the Coliseum and Convention Center, tells The Sun Herald conceptual designs will be shown and the brand name of the hotel may be revealed.
In July, Mortenson Development was selected from five firms to design/build a hotel adjacent to the Convention Center.
Holmes said the hotel would be built partially on the former Holiday Inn property that fronts U.S. 90 and partly on Convention Center land, with views of the beach and a plaza connecting the hotel to the Convention Center by a five-minute walk.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete