HCC expects fall enrollment to hold steady
RAYMOND — Hinds Community College reported its fall enrollment is nearly 13,000 this year. And more students are expected by the end of late registration on Aug. 19, bringing the total close to last year’s 13,500.
Kathryn Cole, director of enrollment services at Hinds, said in a news release there were gains this year in part-time student enrollment. Increases had come in full-time enrollments in the last two years.
Hinds is the largest community college of the 15 in Mississippi and is the fourth largest public higher education institution after Mississippi State University, University of Mississippi and University of Southern Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner