HCC expects fall enrollment to hold steady
RAYMOND — Hinds Community College reported its fall enrollment is nearly 13,000 this year. And more students are expected by the end of late registration on Aug. 19, bringing the total close to last year’s 13,500.
Kathryn Cole, director of enrollment services at Hinds, said in a news release there were gains this year in part-time student enrollment. Increases had come in full-time enrollments in the last two years.
Hinds is the largest community college of the 15 in Mississippi and is the fourth largest public higher education institution after Mississippi State University, University of Mississippi and University of Southern Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement