Allstate agents vote ‘yes’ to unionizing
GULFPORT — Members of the National Association of Professional Allstate Agents (NAPAA) have voted to affiliate with the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), AFL-CI, according to the union.
Secret ballots were mailed to all 1,200 members of Gulfport-based NAPAA and when the ballots were tallied, more than 94 percent had voted in favor of affiliating, the OPEIU reports.
“Our members have sent a message and we hear them loud and clear,” said Jim Fish, NAPAA executive director. “Now we will work closely with OPEIU to finalize an affiliation agreement that establishes NAPAA as a guild.”
The NAPAA board of directors is expected to meet in the near future to formally approve the affiliation. Once the agreement is approved, NAPAA members will be granted membership in OPEIU, the national AFL-CIO and all State Federations of Labor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Allstate agents vote ‘yes’ to unionizing”
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life