Allstate agents vote ‘yes’ to unionizing
GULFPORT — Members of the National Association of Professional Allstate Agents (NAPAA) have voted to affiliate with the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), AFL-CI, according to the union.
Secret ballots were mailed to all 1,200 members of Gulfport-based NAPAA and when the ballots were tallied, more than 94 percent had voted in favor of affiliating, the OPEIU reports.
“Our members have sent a message and we hear them loud and clear,” said Jim Fish, NAPAA executive director. “Now we will work closely with OPEIU to finalize an affiliation agreement that establishes NAPAA as a guild.”
The NAPAA board of directors is expected to meet in the near future to formally approve the affiliation. Once the agreement is approved, NAPAA members will be granted membership in OPEIU, the national AFL-CIO and all State Federations of Labor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Allstate agents vote ‘yes’ to unionizing”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy