Allstate agents vote ‘yes’ to unionizing
GULFPORT — Members of the National Association of Professional Allstate Agents (NAPAA) have voted to affiliate with the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), AFL-CI, according to the union.
Secret ballots were mailed to all 1,200 members of Gulfport-based NAPAA and when the ballots were tallied, more than 94 percent had voted in favor of affiliating, the OPEIU reports.
“Our members have sent a message and we hear them loud and clear,” said Jim Fish, NAPAA executive director. “Now we will work closely with OPEIU to finalize an affiliation agreement that establishes NAPAA as a guild.”
The NAPAA board of directors is expected to meet in the near future to formally approve the affiliation. Once the agreement is approved, NAPAA members will be granted membership in OPEIU, the national AFL-CIO and all State Federations of Labor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Allstate agents vote ‘yes’ to unionizing”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter