Allstate agents vote ‘yes’ to unionizing
GULFPORT — Members of the National Association of Professional Allstate Agents (NAPAA) have voted to affiliate with the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), AFL-CI, according to the union.
Secret ballots were mailed to all 1,200 members of Gulfport-based NAPAA and when the ballots were tallied, more than 94 percent had voted in favor of affiliating, the OPEIU reports.
“Our members have sent a message and we hear them loud and clear,” said Jim Fish, NAPAA executive director. “Now we will work closely with OPEIU to finalize an affiliation agreement that establishes NAPAA as a guild.”
The NAPAA board of directors is expected to meet in the near future to formally approve the affiliation. Once the agreement is approved, NAPAA members will be granted membership in OPEIU, the national AFL-CIO and all State Federations of Labor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Allstate agents vote ‘yes’ to unionizing”
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014