Allstate agents vote ‘yes’ to unionizing
GULFPORT — Members of the National Association of Professional Allstate Agents (NAPAA) have voted to affiliate with the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), AFL-CI, according to the union.
Secret ballots were mailed to all 1,200 members of Gulfport-based NAPAA and when the ballots were tallied, more than 94 percent had voted in favor of affiliating, the OPEIU reports.
“Our members have sent a message and we hear them loud and clear,” said Jim Fish, NAPAA executive director. “Now we will work closely with OPEIU to finalize an affiliation agreement that establishes NAPAA as a guild.”
The NAPAA board of directors is expected to meet in the near future to formally approve the affiliation. Once the agreement is approved, NAPAA members will be granted membership in OPEIU, the national AFL-CIO and all State Federations of Labor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Allstate agents vote ‘yes’ to unionizing”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill