Cellular South continues $90M network expansion
RIDGELAND — Cellular South is continuing its $90-million network expansion as it readies plans to introduce 4G LTE (Fourth Generation Long Term Evolution) high-speed mobile broadband services.
The improvements, which include boosts in network capacity, the addition of new and upgraded cell sites, the installation of thousands of strand miles of fiber optic cable and hundreds of enhanced backhaul connections, are designed to meet the growing demand by consumers and businesses for faster data speeds and more robust services.
“Our industry-leading smartphone penetration rate is driving an explosive demand for mobile data services. These network enhancements will pave the way for the deployment of our 4G LTE network, which allows us to offer even faster speeds and deliver voice and data services with exceptional reliability and performance,” said Kevin Hankins, COO for Cellular South.
Hankins said the company plans to continue its network expansion activities for the remainder of 2011.
Hankins said Cellular South network teams and technicians are spending thousands of hours updating the network for improved voice and data services.
As part of the network upgrades and expansion, Cellular South has standardized all of its packet-based network services for wireless Ethernet backhaul and advanced IP services in Mississippi with Alcatel-Lucent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement