Winn-Dixie issues recall of chocolate drink
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 18,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Winn-Dixie Stores Inc. is voluntarily recalling “Winn-Dixie Choco Charm Chocolate Drink” from its in-store dairy departments because the product may be mislabeled and may contain the undeclared allergen of wheat. Individuals sensitive to wheat protein can suffer a moderate-acute allergic reaction.
Sold in the dairy department of Winn-Dixie and SaveRite stores, the “Winn-Dixie Choco Charm Chocolate Drink” features a 128-ounce (one gallon) clear plastic bottle with a yellow bottle cap and is marked with the UPC code 21140-29830.
The product affected by this recall was sold in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana.
The recall was initiated out of caution for consumer safety — the company has received no reports of illnesses associated with consumption of this product.
“We encourage guests with any concerns to return the product for a full refund, no questions asked,” said Mary Kellmanson, Winn-Dixie’s group vice president of marketing.
Winn-Dixie is working in cooperation with the Food and Drug Administration, the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Keeping our eye on ... Laurel Donahoo
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets