Design revealed for Biloxi’s Convention Center hotel
Published: August 19,2011
Tom Lander, general manager of Mortenson Development, the company hired by the Coliseum Commission to design and build a convention hotel in Biloxi, said Thursday the hotel is based on a Sheraton design, but officials are not committed to Sheraton.
The Sun Herald reports (http://bit.ly/qs85SP ) plans call for a maximum 14-story hotel off U.S. Highway 90, oriented north-south to give guest room views of the sunrise and sunset over the water.
The hotel includes a full-service restaurant, a 10,000-square-foot ballroom, 5,000-square-foot junior ballroom and 5,000 square feet of breakout rooms.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics