Design revealed for Biloxi’s Convention Center hotel
by Associated Press
Published: August 19,2011
Tom Lander, general manager of Mortenson Development, the company hired by the Coliseum Commission to design and build a convention hotel in Biloxi, said Thursday the hotel is based on a Sheraton design, but officials are not committed to Sheraton.
The Sun Herald reports (http://bit.ly/qs85SP ) plans call for a maximum 14-story hotel off U.S. Highway 90, oriented north-south to give guest room views of the sunrise and sunset over the water.
The hotel includes a full-service restaurant, a 10,000-square-foot ballroom, 5,000-square-foot junior ballroom and 5,000 square feet of breakout rooms.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Nullification and interposition
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable