Design revealed for Biloxi’s Convention Center hotel
by Associated Press
Published: August 19,2011
Tom Lander, general manager of Mortenson Development, the company hired by the Coliseum Commission to design and build a convention hotel in Biloxi, said Thursday the hotel is based on a Sheraton design, but officials are not committed to Sheraton.
The Sun Herald reports (http://bit.ly/qs85SP ) plans call for a maximum 14-story hotel off U.S. Highway 90, oriented north-south to give guest room views of the sunrise and sunset over the water.
The hotel includes a full-service restaurant, a 10,000-square-foot ballroom, 5,000-square-foot junior ballroom and 5,000 square feet of breakout rooms.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State