Design revealed for Biloxi’s Convention Center hotel
Published: August 19,2011
Tom Lander, general manager of Mortenson Development, the company hired by the Coliseum Commission to design and build a convention hotel in Biloxi, said Thursday the hotel is based on a Sheraton design, but officials are not committed to Sheraton.
The Sun Herald reports (http://bit.ly/qs85SP ) plans call for a maximum 14-story hotel off U.S. Highway 90, oriented north-south to give guest room views of the sunrise and sunset over the water.
The hotel includes a full-service restaurant, a 10,000-square-foot ballroom, 5,000-square-foot junior ballroom and 5,000 square feet of breakout rooms.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'