Design revealed for Biloxi’s Convention Center hotel
Published: August 19,2011
Tom Lander, general manager of Mortenson Development, the company hired by the Coliseum Commission to design and build a convention hotel in Biloxi, said Thursday the hotel is based on a Sheraton design, but officials are not committed to Sheraton.
The Sun Herald reports (http://bit.ly/qs85SP ) plans call for a maximum 14-story hotel off U.S. Highway 90, oriented north-south to give guest room views of the sunrise and sunset over the water.
The hotel includes a full-service restaurant, a 10,000-square-foot ballroom, 5,000-square-foot junior ballroom and 5,000 square feet of breakout rooms.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case
- Diamondhead Casino Corporation wins site approval