CVB picks Carpenter
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 21,2011
The board of the Columbus Convention and Visitors Bureau has voted 7-1 to make Nancy Carpenter the agency’s director. Carpenter had been serving as interim director since February.
The board appointment is contingent on getting an attorney’s opinion that the agency was not legally required to advertise for the position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus