CVB picks Carpenter
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 21,2011
The board of the Columbus Convention and Visitors Bureau has voted 7-1 to make Nancy Carpenter the agency’s director. Carpenter had been serving as interim director since February.
The board appointment is contingent on getting an attorney’s opinion that the agency was not legally required to advertise for the position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015