DSU makes staff moves
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 21,2011
The Office of Communications and Marketing at Delta State University has added Caitlyn Champion Thompson as web content coordinator and Bevin Lamb as senior secretary. A native of Belzoni, Thompson graduated summa cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in communication from Mississippi State University in 2009 and is currently seeking a master’s degree in community development from Delta State. Prior to joining the Delta State staff, Thompson was a marketing assistant for Aramark at Mississippi State University.
While attending Mississippi State, Thompson served as an editor for the yearbook and president of the honor society, Lambda Pi Eta. As a marketing assistant for dining services at Mississippi State, Thompson was selected to serve on a market analysis research team. She also worked with the housing committee, admissions, and office of student affairs to better meet students’ needs.
She is married to Merigold native Nathan Thompson.
Lamb, a Beulah native, received her bachelor’s degree in elementary education in 2005 from the University of Memphis and her master’s degree in health, physical education and recreation (HPER) from Delta State University in 2011. She joins the Office of Communications having served as senior secretary in Delta State’s Alumni Office since 2008. Prior to joining the Delta State staff, Lamb was as a legal secretary for Meador and Crump Law Offices in Cleveland.
While working at Delta State, Lamb has received the staff employee of the month award, served on the Pig Pickin’ committee, homecoming committee and was recently elected secretary for the university’s administrative staff council. She also serves as an HPER adjunct instructor.
She is married to Charles Lamar Lamb and they have a two-year old-son, Eason.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option