EPA honors Walker
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 21,2011
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Gulf of Mexico Program Office presented Dr. William Walker, executive director of the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources, with a first place Gulf Guardian Award for 2011 in the Individual category at an awards ceremony held Aug. 3 in New Orleans.
Walker has spent nearly 40 years researching and protecting the resources of the Gulf of Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity