EPA honors Walker
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 21,2011
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Gulf of Mexico Program Office presented Dr. William Walker, executive director of the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources, with a first place Gulf Guardian Award for 2011 in the Individual category at an awards ceremony held Aug. 3 in New Orleans.
Walker has spent nearly 40 years researching and protecting the resources of the Gulf of Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency