EPA honors Walker
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 21,2011
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Gulf of Mexico Program Office presented Dr. William Walker, executive director of the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources, with a first place Gulf Guardian Award for 2011 in the Individual category at an awards ceremony held Aug. 3 in New Orleans.
Walker has spent nearly 40 years researching and protecting the resources of the Gulf of Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal