EPA honors Walker
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 21,2011
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Gulf of Mexico Program Office presented Dr. William Walker, executive director of the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources, with a first place Gulf Guardian Award for 2011 in the Individual category at an awards ceremony held Aug. 3 in New Orleans.
Walker has spent nearly 40 years researching and protecting the resources of the Gulf of Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm