EPA honors Walker
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 21,2011
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Gulf of Mexico Program Office presented Dr. William Walker, executive director of the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources, with a first place Gulf Guardian Award for 2011 in the Individual category at an awards ceremony held Aug. 3 in New Orleans.
Walker has spent nearly 40 years researching and protecting the resources of the Gulf of Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager