Johnson co-authors study
Dr. Alton B. Johnson, associate professor of soil physics and interim director of research at Alcorn State University, recently conducted research by using poultry litter to reduce the harmful effects of a commonly used herbicide in the environment. The study co-authored by Dr. Dennis E. Rowe, head of the Bio-statistics Unit at Mississippi State University, and Dr. Teferi Tsegaye, chair of the Department Plant, Soil and Environmental Sciences at Alabama A&M University, was published in 2011 issue of the Journal of Sustainable Watershed Science and Management.
Earlier work led by Johnson showed tremendous binding of this herbicide on soils with high organic matter content.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections