Johnson co-authors study
Dr. Alton B. Johnson, associate professor of soil physics and interim director of research at Alcorn State University, recently conducted research by using poultry litter to reduce the harmful effects of a commonly used herbicide in the environment. The study co-authored by Dr. Dennis E. Rowe, head of the Bio-statistics Unit at Mississippi State University, and Dr. Teferi Tsegaye, chair of the Department Plant, Soil and Environmental Sciences at Alabama A&M University, was published in 2011 issue of the Journal of Sustainable Watershed Science and Management.
Earlier work led by Johnson showed tremendous binding of this herbicide on soils with high organic matter content.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability