Johnson co-authors study
Dr. Alton B. Johnson, associate professor of soil physics and interim director of research at Alcorn State University, recently conducted research by using poultry litter to reduce the harmful effects of a commonly used herbicide in the environment. The study co-authored by Dr. Dennis E. Rowe, head of the Bio-statistics Unit at Mississippi State University, and Dr. Teferi Tsegaye, chair of the Department Plant, Soil and Environmental Sciences at Alabama A&M University, was published in 2011 issue of the Journal of Sustainable Watershed Science and Management.
Earlier work led by Johnson showed tremendous binding of this herbicide on soils with high organic matter content.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field