Johnson co-authors study
Dr. Alton B. Johnson, associate professor of soil physics and interim director of research at Alcorn State University, recently conducted research by using poultry litter to reduce the harmful effects of a commonly used herbicide in the environment. The study co-authored by Dr. Dennis E. Rowe, head of the Bio-statistics Unit at Mississippi State University, and Dr. Teferi Tsegaye, chair of the Department Plant, Soil and Environmental Sciences at Alabama A&M University, was published in 2011 issue of the Journal of Sustainable Watershed Science and Management.
Earlier work led by Johnson showed tremendous binding of this herbicide on soils with high organic matter content.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss