Johnson co-authors study
Dr. Alton B. Johnson, associate professor of soil physics and interim director of research at Alcorn State University, recently conducted research by using poultry litter to reduce the harmful effects of a commonly used herbicide in the environment. The study co-authored by Dr. Dennis E. Rowe, head of the Bio-statistics Unit at Mississippi State University, and Dr. Teferi Tsegaye, chair of the Department Plant, Soil and Environmental Sciences at Alabama A&M University, was published in 2011 issue of the Journal of Sustainable Watershed Science and Management.
Earlier work led by Johnson showed tremendous binding of this herbicide on soils with high organic matter content.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Short supplies, high demand boost cattle producer profits
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion