Johnson joins firm
James D. “J.D.” Johnson has joined the Holcomb Dunbar law firm in Oxford. Johnson will concentrate his practice in civil defense litigation, including product’s liability, commercial litigation and insurance disputes.
Johnson is a 2003 graduate of University of Mississippi, summa cum laude, receiving a degree in economics, and a 2006 graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Law. Johnson also studied international law at Downing College at Cambridge University, Cambridge, England.
After graduation, Johnson served as a staff attorney for Senior Circuit Court Judge Joseph H. Loper Jr, of the Fifth Judicial Circuit Court District of Mississippi. Johnson later served as law clerk to Chief United States Magistrate Judge John M. Roper of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi.
Johnson is a member of the Mississippi Bar and Harrison County Young Lawyers Association. He serves as a volunteer for the American Red Cross, Special Olympics and the Mississippi Center for Prevention of Child Abuse. Johnson is an Eagle Scout and continues to serve as an Assistant Scoutmaster for the Boy Scouts of America.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts