Johnson joins firm
James D. “J.D.” Johnson has joined the Holcomb Dunbar law firm in Oxford. Johnson will concentrate his practice in civil defense litigation, including product’s liability, commercial litigation and insurance disputes.
Johnson is a 2003 graduate of University of Mississippi, summa cum laude, receiving a degree in economics, and a 2006 graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Law. Johnson also studied international law at Downing College at Cambridge University, Cambridge, England.
After graduation, Johnson served as a staff attorney for Senior Circuit Court Judge Joseph H. Loper Jr, of the Fifth Judicial Circuit Court District of Mississippi. Johnson later served as law clerk to Chief United States Magistrate Judge John M. Roper of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi.
Johnson is a member of the Mississippi Bar and Harrison County Young Lawyers Association. He serves as a volunteer for the American Red Cross, Special Olympics and the Mississippi Center for Prevention of Child Abuse. Johnson is an Eagle Scout and continues to serve as an Assistant Scoutmaster for the Boy Scouts of America.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager