Johnson joins firm
James D. “J.D.” Johnson has joined the Holcomb Dunbar law firm in Oxford. Johnson will concentrate his practice in civil defense litigation, including product’s liability, commercial litigation and insurance disputes.
Johnson is a 2003 graduate of University of Mississippi, summa cum laude, receiving a degree in economics, and a 2006 graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Law. Johnson also studied international law at Downing College at Cambridge University, Cambridge, England.
After graduation, Johnson served as a staff attorney for Senior Circuit Court Judge Joseph H. Loper Jr, of the Fifth Judicial Circuit Court District of Mississippi. Johnson later served as law clerk to Chief United States Magistrate Judge John M. Roper of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi.
Johnson is a member of the Mississippi Bar and Harrison County Young Lawyers Association. He serves as a volunteer for the American Red Cross, Special Olympics and the Mississippi Center for Prevention of Child Abuse. Johnson is an Eagle Scout and continues to serve as an Assistant Scoutmaster for the Boy Scouts of America.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson