Lasala earns award
Hector Miguel Lasala, visiting assistant professor in Mississippi State University’s School of Architecture, recently won an international award and a $10,000 prize for his design submission for a site along Australia’s Parramatta River foreshore. Lasala submitted the design, along with his associate, architect Anne-Sophie Demare of Paris, France.
Sydney’s Parramatta City Council announced the design competition “Ideas on Edge: Revitalizing Parramatta’s River Frontage,” calling for a bold and innovative vision for a 2.2-hectare piece of riverfront property in the local dining district. Lasala’s entry was cited as best artistic submission.
The competition received more than 150 entries from several countries, including United Arab Emirates, China, Belgium, Netherlands and United Kingdom.
Lasala said he also worked on an international competition in 2008 with EMBT, an architectural firm in Barcelona. He explained the scope was similar to the Parramatta competition, and the experience helped him approach the Parramatta design.
Lasala earned his master’s and bachelor’s degrees in architecture from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. He currently teaches Architecture Design and Portfolio Design at MSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option