Lasala earns award
Hector Miguel Lasala, visiting assistant professor in Mississippi State University’s School of Architecture, recently won an international award and a $10,000 prize for his design submission for a site along Australia’s Parramatta River foreshore. Lasala submitted the design, along with his associate, architect Anne-Sophie Demare of Paris, France.
Sydney’s Parramatta City Council announced the design competition “Ideas on Edge: Revitalizing Parramatta’s River Frontage,” calling for a bold and innovative vision for a 2.2-hectare piece of riverfront property in the local dining district. Lasala’s entry was cited as best artistic submission.
The competition received more than 150 entries from several countries, including United Arab Emirates, China, Belgium, Netherlands and United Kingdom.
Lasala said he also worked on an international competition in 2008 with EMBT, an architectural firm in Barcelona. He explained the scope was similar to the Parramatta competition, and the experience helped him approach the Parramatta design.
Lasala earned his master’s and bachelor’s degrees in architecture from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. He currently teaches Architecture Design and Portfolio Design at MSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions