Lasala earns award
Hector Miguel Lasala, visiting assistant professor in Mississippi State University’s School of Architecture, recently won an international award and a $10,000 prize for his design submission for a site along Australia’s Parramatta River foreshore. Lasala submitted the design, along with his associate, architect Anne-Sophie Demare of Paris, France.
Sydney’s Parramatta City Council announced the design competition “Ideas on Edge: Revitalizing Parramatta’s River Frontage,” calling for a bold and innovative vision for a 2.2-hectare piece of riverfront property in the local dining district. Lasala’s entry was cited as best artistic submission.
The competition received more than 150 entries from several countries, including United Arab Emirates, China, Belgium, Netherlands and United Kingdom.
Lasala said he also worked on an international competition in 2008 with EMBT, an architectural firm in Barcelona. He explained the scope was similar to the Parramatta competition, and the experience helped him approach the Parramatta design.
Lasala earned his master’s and bachelor’s degrees in architecture from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. He currently teaches Architecture Design and Portfolio Design at MSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus