Lasala earns award
Hector Miguel Lasala, visiting assistant professor in Mississippi State University’s School of Architecture, recently won an international award and a $10,000 prize for his design submission for a site along Australia’s Parramatta River foreshore. Lasala submitted the design, along with his associate, architect Anne-Sophie Demare of Paris, France.
Sydney’s Parramatta City Council announced the design competition “Ideas on Edge: Revitalizing Parramatta’s River Frontage,” calling for a bold and innovative vision for a 2.2-hectare piece of riverfront property in the local dining district. Lasala’s entry was cited as best artistic submission.
The competition received more than 150 entries from several countries, including United Arab Emirates, China, Belgium, Netherlands and United Kingdom.
Lasala said he also worked on an international competition in 2008 with EMBT, an architectural firm in Barcelona. He explained the scope was similar to the Parramatta competition, and the experience helped him approach the Parramatta design.
Lasala earned his master’s and bachelor’s degrees in architecture from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. He currently teaches Architecture Design and Portfolio Design at MSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs