Start of prep football season culmination of year-long efforts from booster clubs, parents
Published: August 21,2011
Mississippi’s high school football season started last week.
Before toe met leather last Thursday and Friday nights, the booster clubs that pay for everything from Gatorade to field houses had spent months raising money to carry out their missions of providing private financial support to their respective programs.
“We have several things we do throughout the year,” said John Morganti, president of the Northwest Rankin Cougar Club, the private fundraising arm of the high school’s football team.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million