NASA buys ex-ammunition plant at Stennis
Published: August 22,2011
HANCOCK COUNTY — A ceremony this Wednesday marks the transfer of a 1.6-million-square-foot-facility to NASA at the Stennis Space Center.
By acquiring the former Mississippi Army Ammunition Plant, NASA says it will increase its total facility space at Stennis by about 33 percent.
NASA says in a news release that a dozen public and private sector employers already are located in parts of the space, including Pratt and Whitney Rocketdyne, the Government Printing Office and the Department of Energy. More are expected.
Among those taking part in Wednesday’s transfer ceremony are Republican U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) and NASA deputy administrator Lori Garver.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M