NASA buys ex-ammunition plant at Stennis
by Associated Press
Published: August 22,2011
HANCOCK COUNTY — A ceremony this Wednesday marks the transfer of a 1.6-million-square-foot-facility to NASA at the Stennis Space Center.
By acquiring the former Mississippi Army Ammunition Plant, NASA says it will increase its total facility space at Stennis by about 33 percent.
NASA says in a news release that a dozen public and private sector employers already are located in parts of the space, including Pratt and Whitney Rocketdyne, the Government Printing Office and the Department of Energy. More are expected.
Among those taking part in Wednesday’s transfer ceremony are Republican U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) and NASA deputy administrator Lori Garver.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge