State’s unemployment rate held steady in July
Published: August 22,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate was unchanged from June to July, holding at 10.4 percent, according to seasonally adjusted figures from the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The figure for July of 2010 was 10.2 percent
The number of people listed as unemployed dropped from 140,100 in June to 139,600 in July while the civilian labor force, which includes the employed and those actively seeking work, dropped to 1.347 million from 1.352 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company