State’s unemployment rate held steady in July
by Associated Press
Published: August 22,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate was unchanged from June to July, holding at 10.4 percent, according to seasonally adjusted figures from the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The figure for July of 2010 was 10.2 percent
The number of people listed as unemployed dropped from 140,100 in June to 139,600 in July while the civilian labor force, which includes the employed and those actively seeking work, dropped to 1.347 million from 1.352 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Commission eyeing unauthorized changes to historic structures
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district