State’s unemployment rate held steady in July
Published: August 22,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate was unchanged from June to July, holding at 10.4 percent, according to seasonally adjusted figures from the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The figure for July of 2010 was 10.2 percent
The number of people listed as unemployed dropped from 140,100 in June to 139,600 in July while the civilian labor force, which includes the employed and those actively seeking work, dropped to 1.347 million from 1.352 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015