State’s unemployment rate held steady in July
Published: August 22,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate was unchanged from June to July, holding at 10.4 percent, according to seasonally adjusted figures from the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The figure for July of 2010 was 10.2 percent
The number of people listed as unemployed dropped from 140,100 in June to 139,600 in July while the civilian labor force, which includes the employed and those actively seeking work, dropped to 1.347 million from 1.352 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus