State’s unemployment rate held steady in July
Published: August 22,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate was unchanged from June to July, holding at 10.4 percent, according to seasonally adjusted figures from the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The figure for July of 2010 was 10.2 percent
The number of people listed as unemployed dropped from 140,100 in June to 139,600 in July while the civilian labor force, which includes the employed and those actively seeking work, dropped to 1.347 million from 1.352 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal