Authorities investigating dozens of wildfires
MERIDIAN — Authorities are trying to determine what caused dozens of grass and brush fires this week in and around Meridian.
Firefighters fought the fires yesterday afternoon. Smoke was heavy at times and a Meridian Police Department unit and a Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department deputy were called to the areas for traffic control.
The Meridian Star reported that authorities did not immediately know what started the fires.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location