Authorities investigating dozens of wildfires
MERIDIAN — Authorities are trying to determine what caused dozens of grass and brush fires this week in and around Meridian.
Firefighters fought the fires yesterday afternoon. Smoke was heavy at times and a Meridian Police Department unit and a Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department deputy were called to the areas for traffic control.
The Meridian Star reported that authorities did not immediately know what started the fires.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force