Authorities investigating dozens of wildfires
MERIDIAN — Authorities are trying to determine what caused dozens of grass and brush fires this week in and around Meridian.
Firefighters fought the fires yesterday afternoon. Smoke was heavy at times and a Meridian Police Department unit and a Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department deputy were called to the areas for traffic control.
The Meridian Star reported that authorities did not immediately know what started the fires.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending