Authorities investigating dozens of wildfires
MERIDIAN — Authorities are trying to determine what caused dozens of grass and brush fires this week in and around Meridian.
Firefighters fought the fires yesterday afternoon. Smoke was heavy at times and a Meridian Police Department unit and a Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department deputy were called to the areas for traffic control.
The Meridian Star reported that authorities did not immediately know what started the fires.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways