Authorities investigating dozens of wildfires
MERIDIAN — Authorities are trying to determine what caused dozens of grass and brush fires this week in and around Meridian.
Firefighters fought the fires yesterday afternoon. Smoke was heavy at times and a Meridian Police Department unit and a Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department deputy were called to the areas for traffic control.
The Meridian Star reported that authorities did not immediately know what started the fires.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan