Casket company opens another fitness center
Published: August 23,2011
BATESVILLE — Batesville Casket Company has opened a health and wellness center that will offer free medical care to employees and their families who participate in the company’s health plan.
Company president Kim Dennis tells The Panolian that the Hillenbrand Health and Wellness Center is the second to be opened by the company. One was built earlier for employees at its Batesville, Ind., plant. Hillenbrand Inc. is the parent company of Batesville Casket.
Officials say the clinic could serve about 1,000 people, including the plant’s 300 employees and their families.
The center has six examining rooms, a consultation room, a lab, emergency eye-washing station, an audiometry room and a physical therapy department. The center has a full-time physician, two full-time nurses and a physical therapist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments