Casket company opens another fitness center
Published: August 23,2011
BATESVILLE — Batesville Casket Company has opened a health and wellness center that will offer free medical care to employees and their families who participate in the company’s health plan.
Company president Kim Dennis tells The Panolian that the Hillenbrand Health and Wellness Center is the second to be opened by the company. One was built earlier for employees at its Batesville, Ind., plant. Hillenbrand Inc. is the parent company of Batesville Casket.
Officials say the clinic could serve about 1,000 people, including the plant’s 300 employees and their families.
The center has six examining rooms, a consultation room, a lab, emergency eye-washing station, an audiometry room and a physical therapy department. The center has a full-time physician, two full-time nurses and a physical therapist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma