Casket company opens another fitness center
Published: August 23,2011
BATESVILLE — Batesville Casket Company has opened a health and wellness center that will offer free medical care to employees and their families who participate in the company’s health plan.
Company president Kim Dennis tells The Panolian that the Hillenbrand Health and Wellness Center is the second to be opened by the company. One was built earlier for employees at its Batesville, Ind., plant. Hillenbrand Inc. is the parent company of Batesville Casket.
Officials say the clinic could serve about 1,000 people, including the plant’s 300 employees and their families.
The center has six examining rooms, a consultation room, a lab, emergency eye-washing station, an audiometry room and a physical therapy department. The center has a full-time physician, two full-time nurses and a physical therapist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager