Casket company opens another fitness center
Published: August 23,2011
BATESVILLE — Batesville Casket Company has opened a health and wellness center that will offer free medical care to employees and their families who participate in the company’s health plan.
Company president Kim Dennis tells The Panolian that the Hillenbrand Health and Wellness Center is the second to be opened by the company. One was built earlier for employees at its Batesville, Ind., plant. Hillenbrand Inc. is the parent company of Batesville Casket.
Officials say the clinic could serve about 1,000 people, including the plant’s 300 employees and their families.
The center has six examining rooms, a consultation room, a lab, emergency eye-washing station, an audiometry room and a physical therapy department. The center has a full-time physician, two full-time nurses and a physical therapist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports