Grand Casino founder to lead Margaritaville
by Associated Press
Published: August 23,2011
BILOXI — Gaming veteran Thomas Brosig has been named president and CEO of Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Casino.
Karen Sock was announced as general manager and chief operating officer. The announcements were made yesterday.
The Margaritaville casino resort is under construction in East Biloxi and is scheduled to open next summer.
Brosig was co-founder of Grand Casinos Inc. with Lyle Berman. Sock is the former general manager at Grand Casino in Biloxi.
During Brosig’s tenure at Grand, he oversaw the development of seven casinos, including four Indian casino developments.
Margaritaville, a $48-million resort on Biloxi’s Back Bay, will have a 68,000-square-foot casino and restaurant along with retail stores, an events center and a 27-slip marina.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones