Grand Casino founder to lead Margaritaville
Published: August 23,2011
BILOXI — Gaming veteran Thomas Brosig has been named president and CEO of Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Casino.
Karen Sock was announced as general manager and chief operating officer. The announcements were made yesterday.
The Margaritaville casino resort is under construction in East Biloxi and is scheduled to open next summer.
Brosig was co-founder of Grand Casinos Inc. with Lyle Berman. Sock is the former general manager at Grand Casino in Biloxi.
During Brosig’s tenure at Grand, he oversaw the development of seven casinos, including four Indian casino developments.
Margaritaville, a $48-million resort on Biloxi’s Back Bay, will have a 68,000-square-foot casino and restaurant along with retail stores, an events center and a 27-slip marina.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail