Grand Casino founder to lead Margaritaville
Published: August 23,2011
BILOXI — Gaming veteran Thomas Brosig has been named president and CEO of Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Casino.
Karen Sock was announced as general manager and chief operating officer. The announcements were made yesterday.
The Margaritaville casino resort is under construction in East Biloxi and is scheduled to open next summer.
Brosig was co-founder of Grand Casinos Inc. with Lyle Berman. Sock is the former general manager at Grand Casino in Biloxi.
During Brosig’s tenure at Grand, he oversaw the development of seven casinos, including four Indian casino developments.
Margaritaville, a $48-million resort on Biloxi’s Back Bay, will have a 68,000-square-foot casino and restaurant along with retail stores, an events center and a 27-slip marina.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs