Grand Casino founder to lead Margaritaville
Published: August 23,2011
BILOXI — Gaming veteran Thomas Brosig has been named president and CEO of Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Casino.
Karen Sock was announced as general manager and chief operating officer. The announcements were made yesterday.
The Margaritaville casino resort is under construction in East Biloxi and is scheduled to open next summer.
Brosig was co-founder of Grand Casinos Inc. with Lyle Berman. Sock is the former general manager at Grand Casino in Biloxi.
During Brosig’s tenure at Grand, he oversaw the development of seven casinos, including four Indian casino developments.
Margaritaville, a $48-million resort on Biloxi’s Back Bay, will have a 68,000-square-foot casino and restaurant along with retail stores, an events center and a 27-slip marina.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer