Grand Casino founder to lead Margaritaville
by Associated Press
Published: August 23,2011
BILOXI — Gaming veteran Thomas Brosig has been named president and CEO of Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Casino.
Karen Sock was announced as general manager and chief operating officer. The announcements were made yesterday.
The Margaritaville casino resort is under construction in East Biloxi and is scheduled to open next summer.
Brosig was co-founder of Grand Casinos Inc. with Lyle Berman. Sock is the former general manager at Grand Casino in Biloxi.
During Brosig’s tenure at Grand, he oversaw the development of seven casinos, including four Indian casino developments.
Margaritaville, a $48-million resort on Biloxi’s Back Bay, will have a 68,000-square-foot casino and restaurant along with retail stores, an events center and a 27-slip marina.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability