University Club to close after 36 years
JACKSON — The University Club in downtown Jackson will close Dec. 31, its owners said in a statement yesterday.
The members-only club is located on the top floor of the Regions Bank building, formerly the Deposit Guaranty Bank building. It also has been the location for the monthly Stennis Center-Capitol Press luncheons where reporters heard from various political and business leaders.
Joel Jaffe, regional vice president of operations for ClubCorp, says the club will close Dec. 31 after 36 years,
Jaffe says efforts to increase membership and club usage to keep pace with the rising costs of operations had not been successful.
The decision comes weeks after longtime general manager John Hardy retired.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Current Poll
- Dan Mullen, Hugh Freeze to play in pro-am Thursday
- Legislators' education alternative challenged in court
- College Board stands behind move to fire Ole Miss chancellor
- Biloxi Shuckers gives city $925K to speed construction
- ROBERT KHAYAT: Board made a big mistake in not renewing Dan Jones
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway